420cc engine.

Anime2019Master

Local time
3:49 PM

I would love to build a bike with this one day. Might need to custom build a frame to suit it, not sure if a normal bike frame could handle it. Just build a motorcycle from scratch. Wonder what speeds i would be able to get...

Well, it depends on gearing, and how brave you are too. Will you have some kind of clutch drive or a torque converter thingy? Sorry I only know about these engines from Cars and Cameras so not sure how to spell some of these stuff.

Well, a 420 is about 13 HP stock if I checked it right, which is really not a lot. Dirtbikes with similar power go 60-70mph max. But remember, they have gears for low end torque and speed.

And this is where id have to learn as i go myself, lol. I got a 2 stroke, and i can completely disassemble and put it together again if i needed to, (and it still run, lol) and im sure some of what i have learned will translate to 4 strokes, so not starting from scratch like when i bought my 2 stroke at least, but this would be a challenging build for me, but i enjoy that anyway.

Trust me, i got my pitbike a while ago but only looked at it a few weeks ago, not knowing a lot about 4 strokes, and having a bike engine before helped a lot. The carburetor is the same, tuning is similar, i had to take the head off and fix the valves, that wasnt hard, managed to do it with like no tools, if someone says you need a valve compressor tool just remember that i said i took the valve springs out and put them back with pliers and a wrench, lol.
So yep, its pretty similar.
And you can always watch a youtube video if you're stuck, so theres that.

What about combining it with a jackshaft kit to get the gearing? Would the derailer even be able to handle that lol?

No, I don't think so.
Maybe you should look into compact riding lawnmower transmissions, lol.
Thats what a guy on youtube did called Oliver motorized.

It really would be a motorcycle in the case of the 420. If you wanted mods it would be better just to buy a 450cc dirtbike or quad engine used. The weight of the 420 and the gearbox would be too much I think. It would work though. About the same amount of money for a used motor with trans already. People have used the gearbox of a quad engine for the gears but cap off the cylinder bank.

Last edited:
Back