47mm steel sleeve cylinder ring help

Ebay item number 172051853596 is 47x2 but I believe it is cast iron. The only advantage is a possibly less gaping ring end gap. I think it's expensive for a bit less blow by, but if you are concerned about the sleeve being a bit loose on the rings this could be helpful.
I would not be that bothered since the stock rings are so cheap on comparison.. These Italian made rings come from Greece so postage cost will be bad for you USA guys. Worth it for racing I expect..

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well i got my cyclinder the other day and bolted it all together with no port matching and really i did
nothing lol just put it on and rode to work this morning.
I noticed that in doing it this way i lost alot of bottom end low speed hill climbing power and top end speed.

LOL

I'm going to order another one then clean up the ports and match everything i can, i guess.

@Spare_Parts where should i even start with this cylinder :oops:

Thanks,

HP

Last edited by a moderator:
@Street Ryderz would be more help.

I would remove all the bridging, widen and possibly raise the exhaust and then clean up where the sleeve over hangs the intake port.

You should port map your old cylinder then we could see the difference. I just put the jug top down and rub over the ports with lead from a pencil. Then measure everything.

Roger that.
I probably should have done that before installing :D

Ride it like ya stole it :LOL:

Anyway, i have another cyl from bgf on the way tomorrow hopefully, so i'll start the proccess.

Thanks & Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Attachments

• 15K0.jpg
    15K0.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Back