47mm steel sleeve cylinder ring help

I'm not understanding.
We need the ring with the top pic lip, unless we remove the pin on the piston?

Well i got my cyclinder the other day and bolted it all together with no port matching and really i did
nothing lol just put it on and rode to work this morning.
I noticed that in doing it this way i lost alot of bottom end low speed hill climbing power and top end speed.

LOL

I'm going to order another one then clean up the ports and match everything i can

HP
you're going thru another break in period for a few tanks then the rings seal and slide better. actually even if you put the old jug back on you could tell the difference bc alignment could be .5mm one way or another enough for friction to be more than it was b4 you pulled the cyl

you're going thru another break in period for a few tanks then the rings seal and slide better. actually even if you put the old jug back on you could tell the difference bc alignment could be .5mm one way or another enough for friction to be more than it was b4 you pulled the cyl

Understood.
Once I get the new jug and tighten everything up,
I think/hope everything will be eback to normal after the break in period.

As been said, i'll be matching the new jug to the original jugs specs, cross yoru fingers :p

These jugs with the steel sleeves from BGF are going on to Zeda botom ends.
I really should take pics and show you guys these cylinders from Zeda..not good.

Anyway, yeah I am going to go with new rings for the new cyl. and piston.

I'm going to keep this cyl on this engine i have running right now thought. lets see what happens :)

Ride Safe!

HP

Instead of sourcing different rings for the stock piston, why not source a better piston with better rings that are made for that piston?
I have been looking into pistons as well. The ones I have found specs for wont work. I may get a cheap pw80 top end kit because the piston looks close.
I'm not understanding.
We need the ring with the top pic lip, unless we remove the pin on the piston?
The bottom is showing the edge profiles.

LAsleeve update!
I just got an email from a guy named Dave from LAsleeve.
He said their servers are or were going wonky.

Anyway, i gave him a link to here and told him what we are looking for.
Hopefully i get a response or he comes here to chat.

Ride Safe!

HP

That's awesome! Hope he can help.

I sent emails out to Caber and Meteor with more info this time. Asked for part numbers and distributors.

Also looking at a cheap pw piston and rings kit on Amazon. Think I may get it to see how close the piston is to ours.

Anyway, I'm going to look at some other companies to see who else list specs.

ok i got a response from LASleeve:

"Hello,

Okay, so these are 2-stroke motorized bikes, correct? I’ve searched everything here and no luck. Back around the mid-1980’s most 2-stroke pistons reduced the rings down to 1,0mm thicknesses. Prior to that, the rings were much thicker, as what you’ve got. I do not believe you’ll be able to locate anything like that out in the aftermarket these days. It will be very difficult. None of our vendors have anything.

If you guys are desperate, and budget isn’t a factor, you can have custom built rings that are hard faced. You can try Total Seal Piston Rings in Phoenix, AZ. They can probably custom build those rings.

Another thought, if you’re running sleeves in the cylinders, we’ve seen some engine builders actually re-nikasil the sleeves after they’re installed. That’ll allow you to run the softer faced rings. But, obviously the cost would go way up by the plating. But, it would probably solve the issue.

Sincerely,
Dave Lasco,
L.A.SLEEVE CO., INC."

Back