48 cc Stock Carb gasket kits

gearhead222

Local time
11:16 AM
Dear Fellow Members-Does anybody sell these? My carb is slowly leaking onto the crank case behind the head:( The bike idles fast cold and then the idle slows down to the point of dying while hot. Replaced the crappy intake tube with a higher quality cast aluminum one and used some good gasket sealant on both sides of intake tube. Was running fine for about 70 miles or so. This leakage and idle problem started about 1 mos ago and the bike has about 180 miles on her. Am wondering if the leaking gas/oil mixture will affect the engine gasket. Cannot find any OBVIOUS leaks but of course she's leaking somewhere! Thanx for any info:)-Gearhead

Almost forgot, but do I buy another carb to get parts? If so, that doesn't make much sense:(. Any idea where to buy carb parts? Thanx again, guys:)-Gearhead

Brainfart! I remember now how rough the ride is! Am wondering if the pounding of the bike's ride on the carburator float would change this adjustment and if just a little bending of the Float Tang would cure the problem! Any ideas ou there? Thanx again:)-Gearhead

check with the vendors on the left side of the page for parts.

here's some [good pics] of a disassembled carb.

check to make sure your float is not full of fuel. Usually there's some gunk clogging the needle valve, keeping it from closing properly.

The metal that the float "tang" is made out of is cheezy. I would not be the slightest bit surprised if rough roads could cause it to get bent.
Other folks have experienced it getting bent for no obvious reasons before.
One day it is perfect, the next day .....drip, drip, drip. And the tang is bent all the way up to the top of the float chamber.

Dear Gearnut-Do you recommend removing the float for leak inspection and bending the tang plus clean the float valve set? Any specific instructions on how to properly adjust the float and clean the float valve are greatly appreciated:)-Gearhead

Am wondering if I can do this with the carb on the engine. Do NOT want to bugger up the airtight seal I now have with my carb. The gas leakage is more of a nuisance than anything else. I can put a paper towel in there and it will soak up the excess. More concerned about the heavy duty replacement chain and seat tube mounted spring loaded idler wheel that I will be installing. Thanx again!:)-Gearhead

Back