Exhaust 48cc & 80cc exhaust pipes

D

Dockspa1

Question to whoever,
Do they keep the same size exhaust pipes on the 48cc as the so called 80cc in these chinese kits?
I think they are the same and so if they are designed for the 48cc then they should bo opened up about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Right?
doc

You may proceed with the operation.....

Actually, if you just de-baffle, you will make alll kinds of extra noise and gain a small improvement in low end acceleration and maybe a bit on the top.

imo, the exhaust pipe (and intake) should/could be better matched to the port...i bet there's a 20% reduction in volume from the (rectangular) port to the (round) exhaust pipe.

btw-this talk of increased noise. i cut the baffle all the way off, then replaced the muffler cap. i ask all the time & noone in town thinks it's too loud. granted, i usually avoid asking old ladies, tho.

Dockspa1 said:
Question to whoever,
Do they keep the same size exhaust pipes on the 48cc as the so called 80cc in these chinese kits?
I think they are the same and so if they are designed for the 48cc then they should bo opened up about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Right?
doc

yes the pipe is the same for all 3 sizes of motor, now if you want to make some preformance improvments add an expantion chamber to your set up

Back