48cc after market cylinder heads

Tanka

Local time
7:35 AM
is there any aftermarket 48/50cc cylinder heads im just not seeing?

i'm tempted to buy the 50cc puch head which can be used for 66cc bikes and narrowing the holes to work with a 48cc engine. But i don't want to take that risk unless others have done it successfully.

is there any aftermarket 48/50cc cylinder heads im just not seeing?

i'm tempted to buy the 50cc puch head which can be used for 66cc bikes and narrowing the holes to work with a 48cc engine. But i don't want to take that risk unless others have done it successfully.
Unfortunately the Puch head guy's use on the 66/69cc won't really work for a 48cc because it's chamber and squish is for a 47mm bore, and elongating the holes that much is not a good idea. There are many 48/50cc heads from scooter engines that will work very well and match up properly,

those were the 50cc puch heads i was talking about. sorry i didn't send a link but that's what i was looking at.

does the O-ring head need a gasket?

thank you for the help btw!
Unfortunately the Puch head guy's use on the 66/69cc won't really work for a 48cc because it's chamber and squish is for a 47mm bore, and elongating the holes that much is not a good idea. There are many 48/50cc heads from scooter engines that will work very well and match up properly,

DE942848-989C-4E5B-9E20-B0B40BCF3A08.jpeg

widened the combustion chamber by 1mm to fit a 48cc piston. narrowed it slightly because the 50cc piston has a grooved ring around its crown.

the spacing between the bolts are a little too wide, it'll fit a 66cc perfectly, but it fit 4 6mm bolts through it when i put it over the cylinder

i didn't take too much off, when i line it with a 40mm diameter gasket, it doesn't go outside of it at all. will test it out tomorrow

Just an update because I forgot all about this

Decked the head for a proper squish band and more compression. Works amazingly well

Back