48cc build (Little B*stard)

Under 50cc is the limit here too. I do cross the lines with my shifter 😇

I don’t try for speed, it’s kinda pointless with a mtb with bmx bars I’m a wind brick over 30mph. I gear it for fast takeoff and hill climbing. I run it off-road a lot, and use it for chasing cows and turkeys around. I should get an ag exemption for it.

I don’t try for speed, it’s kinda pointless with a mtb with bmx bars I’m a wind brick over 30mph. I gear it for fast takeoff and hill climbing. I run it off-road a lot, and use it for chasing cows and turkeys around. I should get an ag exemption for it.
Nice man. Had that set up on my last 66 build and still hit 47mph on a 44T. Im not gonna be getting anywhere near those speeds this time as im going to be fabricating a BMX frame to take the engine when its done

Alrighty, update time! 😃

So when the first batch of parts came in it turns out the reed i got sent was not the one pictured (pic showed a G2, they sent this thing)
20230129_113934.jpg

I can still use it for a 66cc build later so not the end of the world. Ive ordered and recieved a G2 from ebay so now i have everything to start machining it all to match up with each other. Next payday im ordering the puch head, then a Jog 50 performance pipe the follow one. So atleast i have a little time to practice my welding before going at that jog pipes header! 😆

You got sent an OZ Reed valve. That is the type the Phantom 85 comes with out of the box, and it's honestly not a terrible reed valve for carbs up to a VM18 or pz19. They work better than people give them credit for and tend to seal a heck of a lot better than most G2 or Dio setups.

Well next build with 40mm spaced intake bolts i definatly will use it, useless on this as my 48cc jug has 32mm spaced bolts.

Well next build with 40mm spaced intake bolts i definatly will use it, useless on this as my 48cc jug has 32mm spaced bolts.
I didn't realize those motors had a 32mm intake. They do make 32mm versions of the OZ reed as well, but I assume that you already have a G2 coming your way, so it's a moot point lol.

I didn't realize those motors had a 32mm intake. They do make 32mm versions of the OZ reed as well, but I assume that you already have a G2 coming your way, so it's a moot point lol.
Yep, and ill be getting a stuffer for the cage since little guy is already at a dissadvantage in the low end. Im also considering a chainsaw carb, even if i have too modify the angled intake off the reed.

Yep, and ill be getting a stuffer for the cage since little guy is already at a dissadvantage in the low end. Im also considering a chainsaw carb, even if i have too modify the angled intake off the reed.
There are adapters that work well for saw carbs that I believe are setup for a 32mm intake. @Karl Snarl linked me to them once a few months back.

Finally found pics of my old bike set up like that!
FB_IMG_1675326105308.jpg
received_745526149742869.jpeg

Back