48cc build (Little B*stard)

Thanks for the idea, i was gonna get a disk brake hub laced into a bmx ring for the front rim and pray with rim brake rears. SA's are definitly an idea, and ill have to look into the roller brakes as well
A good pair of vee brakes with good brake pads can stop very well and even come in hydraulic versions. The only reason to use disc brakes and hub brakes over vee brakes is for use poor weather conditions like mud, snow and rain. In the 60s honda used vee brakes on race bikes to reduce weight but like all parts in any race vehicle they had to be rebuilt after each race.

A good pair of vee brakes with good brake pads can stop very well and even come in hydraulic versions. The only reason to use disc brakes and hub brakes over vee brakes is for use poor weather conditions like mud, snow and rain. In the 60s honda used vee brakes on race bikes to reduce weight but like all parts in any race vehicle they had to be rebuilt after each race.
I live in the okanagan valley in british columbia, the weather here varies a lot. Also i like offroading so disk or hub is prefered. :3

I live in the okanagan valley in british columbia, the weather here varies a lot. Also i like offroading so disk or hub is prefered. :3
For sure then. If your steer tube is 1 inch it will be hard to find forks that fit hub or disc brakes, at least in the united states. it might be different in Canada though.

You can use a sturmy archer drum brake or a shimano roller brake to replace the coaster as the chainstay was designed to handle the forces exerted by hub brakes.
Definitly the archer or disk hub on rear, from reviews those coaster/roller brakes dont like high speed and hard stopping with the heat even with its grease

Back