48cc Trail Rider One muddy bike!

Welcome aboard tonyman. Look forward to seeing some mudcaked motoredbike action... and any tips you've got for helping the setup handle the rough stuff!

ahh rooster tails!

hey everyone thanks for the welcome.

good news though, a 56 tooth sprocket is coming to replace my 44 tooth so im going to have plenty of pulling power now. it will complete my "cheap dirt bike project" well, that is until i find somthing else i want on the bike. maybe fenders would be nice.

i have to say the 48cc 2-stroke ebay kits work awesome for off-road trail riding due to the chain and sprocket set up. im just going to put more chain rollers and a better tensioner on so i dont have any chain issues. the motor seems very solid and ive never had a problem with it. (loctite everything is the key)

i have to say.. its pretty cool to ride a bicycle up hill and had a rooster tail blasting mud behind me!

Welcome Tony

Well let me know your progress, since that's the direction I wanted to go next with my next bike. I have been thinking about a few different approaches, one of them is to use only one chain to the wheel and have an internal hub with gears mounted on the frame. This way the chain would not come loose with a rear suspension type bike(needed for serious off-road) as is the case with the current set-up with two chains going in different directions(one up to the engine and one down to the pedals).

Definitely start an off road thread or something in the picture gallery. When the kids and I go on Vacation this summer in Colorado, I want to take my bike, but only if I know it will withstand the rougher mountain roads.
Have fun an be safe.
When you were a kid did you ever ride your bmx bike in a cement drainage/creek with a little amount of water and lots of slimy green moss? That green stuff on the back of my shirts used to tick my mom off pretty bad. LOL

that's awesome that you are pursuing true offroad status for your mtb! You're being a pioneer i think.

welcome!

Hey yeah I've got and engine on a hardtail mtb. Having loads of fun too. I have not jumped it much but it does off road just fine. When I feel like jumping and doing 360's and such I'll stick to bmx but I built this motored mtb for the long hilly forest trails. Good luck riding!!

Back