48cc vs 66cc power comparison

I believe as long as you aren't acting out of control and you look safe they don't bother too much.

When i ride my MB I wear a full faced Dirt Bike Helmett and Racing Gloves.
Kinda hard to miss the guy all geared up like that riding a bicycle.

Especially when most motorcycle riders don't wear a helmet around here.

I got a helmett to keep my head warm and because soo many things break all the time.

The Chain coming off scares me every time.

I have had the back wheel get locked up 3 or 4 times luckily at lower speeds under 15 mph.

Most of the time i travel at least 30 to 40 mph.

I'd hate to throw the chain and smash my brain at the same time.
Then i couldn't fix the darn thing.

I feel for you fellow MB'ers else ware. Here in Alabama the law is... anything 150cc and under, no registration, no insurance, no license/permit at 16 and above, (some restrictions under 16) no lights unless ridden at night, then lights capable of being seen 500'. My son has been stopped a few times... the LEO's are intrigued with it and want a better/closer look.

You are lucky AL.

I want to move to Alabama.

Any good CNC / Engineering / Programming / Drafting jobs around there.

Hook me up.

At 45 mph with a 26" wheel your engine would be doing about 8000 RPM. That's screaming for one of these things.

More (low-end) torque is the way to go, I reckon. Then you can gear a little higher and achieve the speed without revving the guts out of the engine. The 66cc is better in that regard. (That's what I have.)

I, too, am ordering a billet head from Rock Solid Engines. The high compression ratio will improve bottom-end as well as increase HP at higher RPM.

... Steve
"at 45!!" lmaoooo. I really hope we all figure out what it really takes to build these to go 45 without list of 100 things popping off or giving out when starting with a normal bike, before a tradegy will force us to. I love building bikes, I might love nothing more. But for some reason, i have bad feeling not everyone going 55, 45, etc on bikes that started as pedal power are goign to make it to xmas this year. Stock muffler agree 100%, even the stock carb, believe it or not. my best compression is just leaving it alone and daily.. checking everything, especially oiling chain while warm. I want to post some pics of my new build, but forcing my self not to until the new brake set up is on it, its so hard to wait!! TY all for being here as a community to find, this my first post, im offially the biggest nab here, woot! lol

Ok this may seem like stupid.
but i'm looking for some good opinions here.
Especially if you have ridded 48cc and 66 cc bikes.

Now legally the 48cc is good to go.

I have one now and it rocks.
Lots of mods.
But im thinking about dumping some Rock Solid High Performance parts into it which are alot of $$.

My question is how much more power will i really feel from the 66.
Should i buy a new 66 and get the High Performance Parts for it?
Or should i keep going with my 48cc.

Obviously the 66 could get me in trouble but fortunatly where i live they leave the MB'ers alone.
Unless you break traffic laws.

They haven't ever stopped me and i have seen many police in my travels.
My mb looks like a dirtbike and i don't hold it back at all.
The police arrested someone here once and lost the case.
The MB'er won, so now the police will not bother us.

I could get away with the 66er.

But how much faster will it really be?
I run high revs with a 36T and my 48cc will hit 40 / 45 mph now.

I might appreciate the bottom end a little more but it seems that the 66er's don't like the high RPM as well.

So i was thinking Rock Solid billet head / Ceramic coated piston / 50cc jug / and maybe the performance CDI.
Does there CDI change the timing?
If not it ain't worth the money in my opinion.

Now obviously thoose parts for the 48 cost more than what i can get a new 66er for complete.

What do you guys think ????

Remember legality isn't the issue speed is.

Hi, I was asking myself the same questions. I just got a 48cc grubee skyhawk gta2. I also have a grubee skyhawk gta5 66cc(ovbiously I put a 49cc head on it to avoid police) anyway, I keep my bike's in very good condition, they both have high performance carbs, and poo poo exhaust systems. I was on my 66cc, my buddy was riding my 48cc. We went on the highway, our other friend was in his truck clocking our speed. I expected the 66cc to perform better, surprizingly. the 66cc clocked at 105km/hr. the 48cc clocked at an amazingly 125km/hr! I was baffled, they both have the same aftermarket parts. My buddy know a lot about these bike's. he told me the 48cc has more "Back Pressure" and Revs higher, combine those with a poo poo Exhaust (Puts more Back pressure, more power) you'll wish that you've had a 48 - 49cc earlier. I know I do. I sold my 66cc and now all I'll ever use is a 47, 48, 49cc motors. the 66cc has much lower RPM's than the 48cc. The 48cc has higher rpm's + back pressure + high performance parts = more power and speed. Basically the higher the RPM, the faster you go, you just need to capture the back pressure. I suggest a High performance Carb, A poopoo Exhaust. those parts greatly Improved both my bike's power, speed and efficency

For crying out loud, you should not be riding any faster that 30 mph on a motorised bicycle without large disk brakes, and even then, you should not be riding faster than 30 mph.
It's completely foolish to push things any faster.

You should be using the extra torque of the 66cc engine to haul serious payload at 3 mph: http://motoredbikes.com/threads/australian-heavy-haul-may-2016.47426/

Hi, I was asking myself the same questions. I just got a 48cc grubee skyhawk gta2. I also have a grubee skyhawk gta5 66cc(ovbiously I put a 49cc head on it to avoid police) anyway, I keep my bike's in very good condition, they both have high performance carbs, and poo poo exhaust systems. I was on my 66cc, my buddy was riding my 48cc. We went on the highway, our other friend was in his truck clocking our speed. I expected the 66cc to perform better, surprizingly. the 66cc clocked at 105km/hr. the 48cc clocked at an amazingly 125km/hr! I was baffled, they both have the same aftermarket parts. My buddy know a lot about these bike's. he told me the 48cc has more "Back Pressure" and Revs higher, combine those with a poo poo Exhaust (Puts more Back pressure, more power) you'll wish that you've had a 48 - 49cc earlier. I know I do. I sold my 66cc and now all I'll ever use is a 47, 48, 49cc motors. the 66cc has much lower RPM's than the 48cc. The 48cc has higher rpm's + back pressure + high performance parts = more power and speed. Basically the higher the RPM, the faster you go, you just need to capture the back pressure. I suggest a High performance Carb, A poopoo Exhaust. those parts greatly Improved both my bike's power, speed and efficency

Michael,
the 48/49cc head will not fit on the 66cc because they are different bolt patterns?
I found the Poopoo exhaust slowed the GT5A motor down 5-10kph.
Any and all mods on my Grubee GT5A with 40t sprocket still have it limited to under 70kph, which is over 10,000rpm.

Steve

Back