49 cc 4 stroke with true automatic trans?

I'd like to know where he bought his motor Honda GHX 50 kit, or did he piece it together with the Grubee drive kit? So far, I don't know anyone who sells a kit for frame installation based on the Honda engine. Thanks for your input. Mike

http://www.bicycle-engines.com has the build kits that fit the Honda motor. As for the motor there are several small engine suppliers that carry the Honda GHX50 I bought mine from http://smallenginewarehouse.com

ocscully

The question is: To put it into a bike frame, it also has to come with the trans gear box attached to it, and it has to be attached horizontally, to fit into the bike frame. Who sells the Honda GXH 50 ready to go, with trans mounted horizintally, and throttle and
throttle cable? I know I can get the mounting hardware from bicycle-engines.com.
Mike

One more point: I don't want the Grubee trans with the engager. The idea is to get away from this trans/gear box and use a fully automatic trans, like a motorscooter
has. Too many levers with the Grubee trans and its engager.

One more point: I don't want the Grubee trans with the engager. The idea is to get away from this trans/gear box and use a fully automatic trans, like a motorscooter
has. Too many levers with the Grubee trans and its engager.

You either aren't reading the posts here are you aren't understanding the information in the posts or at the links provided. No one that I know of offers the Honda engine as part of a frame mounted kit. If you want a Honda motor and not a clone then you buy the engine from someone that has Honda motors and then You buy either an installation kit from one of the suppliers that offers them, or put together your own drivtrain? As for the Grubee gearbox and its engager system if you follow the link in the earlier post you will be taken to a part that Grubee makes to replace the engager system of their gearbox with a direct shaft to a 10t output sproket. No one to my knowledge offers this system already put together/assembled. So here is what you do, buy the Honda engine from smallengine warehouse. Buy the install kit and the extra gearbox parts from bicycle-engines.com When all the items arrive at your residence, load them in you car and take them to the local lawnmower repair shop and have the mechanic there assemble it all for you. You may even want to ask him to install it all on the bike for you. When the mechanic is thru you will have the set-up you asked about. A Honda GXH50 with no third brake lever. The other alternative is to build your own drivetrain, but with the lack of understanding that you are showing here, that dosen't really seem to be an option. But if I'm wrong then do some searches of this site and look for threads started by Zombybuilder and you also might want to look at a thread called GiantStone. Be aware that putting together alternative drivetrains can get expensive really quickly especially if you don't have the skills or tools to do the custom work yourself.

ocscully

If you are looking for a kit with all the work done, drop it on and go with ho muss, no fuss...it's not out there to my knowledge. Buy the kit, buy the engine, turn a few wrenches, screwdrivers, think about it, adjust, fabricate, plan, re-plan, adjust some more...then you will be about there.

No, I don't wish to go direct drive with the Grubee drive train, removing the engager,as I consider this unsafe. A solution is to put an automatic trans on the Honda Engine or purchase it with a true automatic clutch on it. The dax company and Staton both say they have the engine with a true automatic trans, but neither I believe can supply it as part of a kit to mount in the bike frame . There's another problem: I don't believe anyone supplies a motorbike muffler for this engine. Although the Grubee kit has some flaws, it still seems to be the only 4 cycle kit where he supplies all the parts, everything, for a reasonable price. I wonder if the Grubee muffler fits the Honda engine.? MIke

SOME NEWS: The Dax folks say they are working on an in-frame kit with their 4 stroke
Titan engine, which they say is equipped with a true automatic trans. The first company to come to the market with this will control it.

Couple of points- the Dax setup may be great and superior to Grubee, I have not compared, but my understanding is that it uses a centrifugal clutch...just like the Grubee- I do not see a difference in the operation in that regard.

I think Staton also uses a centrifugal clutch. This is "automatic" in that all you have to do is rev it and go- but the same is the case with a Grubee with the engager...engaged- You don't just take off when the Grubee is engaged, you still have to rev it for the clutch to engage. If I am mistaken about the Staton and Dax, I desire to be enlightened. I most definitely am not mistaken about the Grubee- it's parked in my garage.

Next- here's the thing- the concept of a "clone"- the Huasheng engines available for the Grubee are "clones" of the Honda GXH50- that means that, externally at least, they are supposed to be identical to the Honda (which came first). Internally and metalurgically, I don't know how identical they are.

However, what I can tell you is this- the muffler that fits the Huasheng "clone" of the Honda- will fit the Honda. How do I know? Again, see the pic I posted above. People have looked at all these issues before and the discussions are here for the searching. believe it or not, there are people here with significant, personal experience with the Honda GXH50 and Grubee setup.

Yes I know these engines all have centrifigal clutches but the Grubee also has an engager, another lever to operate plus two for the front and back wheel. Three levers. I'm looking for a trans that is totally automatic like a motorscooter. I have been told the Stanton and dax are totally automatic, meaning they use a centrifigal clutch bit not an engager. MIke

Back