49 cc 4 stroke with true automatic trans?

I understand that- all I am saying is that there is no difference in basic operation between the grubee with the disconnected locked on and the others- all rely on a centrifrugal clutch for their "automatic" operation and not is a "cvt". One is no more or less inherently safe than the other because they rely on the same type of mechanism.

When mine is done, it will be very similar....and I will have under $1000 in it.

I have the grubee gearbox. Leave the engager in all the time there is no need to engage/disengage the lever. When you stop the engines rpm's slow down the centrifugal clutch releases, when you take off the rpm's come up and away you go a automatic type transmission, or buy a scooter engine with automatic transmission ( Lifan ) then figure out how to put it in.

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3272
NuVinci Honda GXH50 49.3cc 2.10 hp Four Cycle 350% Engine and Pedal shifting kit.

Honda GXH50 49.3cc 2.10 to 2.50 hp Four Cycle engine and complete Staton gear and chain drive kit with your choice of the 36 or 32 hole NuVinci hub and your choice of the Satin Silver & black or the Satin Black 2008 model hub along with the CNC machined and zinc plated Torsion bars & straps are included.

My keyboard is covered with Drool every time I look at this setup by Staton

Yup... the NuVinci hub makes me drool everytime I think about it as well.

Staton sells 'em with 2 freewheels so that you can gas it, then coast & you can also pedal without too much extra drag. This is great in case you run out of gas or your engine explodes, but you still need to get somewhere... or if the motor seizes, the wheel won't lock up.

This sounds like the best CVT too because it's fairly simple. And tho it's not technically a CVT, it doesn't really have gears, so shifting is SMOOOTH. Just think low gear for climbing hills, high gear for descending hills. Also, since this hub has 2 freewheels, pedaling actually helps... even more so when that total input is combined and put thru this geared hub.

For a THOUSAND DOLLARS! Not today. For that much I can purchase a fully loaded moped lights and all. Mike

Well... you can skimp on the engine, but that's prolly not too wise. The Mitsubishi TLE43 (2-stroke), Honda GXH50 (4-stroke), & their Chinese ripoffs are prolly the best engines around. Oh yea, and Robin-Subaru, too!

Andyinchville1 bought the NuVinci hub in bulk and was selling them for $275 a month or two ago: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8828

If you have patience and shop around, you can have an engine & NuVinci hub for less than $500~600.. but then you'd still need to piece together the kit, which would prolly be very beneficial.

Back