49 cc 4 stroke with true automatic trans?

Mike S

Local time
4:30 AM
Does anyone know if there is a 49 cc 4 stroke available with a true automatic
trans/centrifigal clutch that does not use an engager like the Grubee skyhawk? With the Grubee there is a problem of using an engager which requires another lever to pull. With a lever for a front brake and one for a back brake, there are three levers to pull - too complicated. I want two levers only. Mike S

get a dual pull brake lever! Both brakes, one lever, problem solved :p?
there have been mixed reviews on them, but overall it seems to me like the quality of brake will make the biggest difference. The people who have disk brakes have reported favorably in general, those with older caliper brakes have had problems i think.
mine is in the mail, i'll report on it when it gets here.
i know that's not quite what you asked for, might not be an ideal solution.

The other option is to lock the gearbox in gear...and hope that you don't rev it up too high when you start it.

Of course, a little safer would be to use a gear shift lever of some sort to engage so that you can use two hand brakes.

I have the dual pull- but only one cable brake for now.

Does anyone know if there is a 49 cc 4 stroke available with a true automatic
trans/centrifigal clutch that does not use an engager like the Grubee skyhawk? With the Grubee there is a problem of using an engager which requires another lever to pull. With a lever for a front brake and one for a back brake, there are three levers to pull - too complicated. I want two levers only. Mike S

The GRUBEE gearbox can be modified so it does not require the use of a lever to work the engagement mech.
http://bicycle-engines.com/sprocket-shaft-keys-p-135.html

ocscully

Free fix ~ Both brake levers on the right,one just below the other. You can moderate your brakes this way too.
Clutch on the left. This is the way I have mine set up.

I'll try the both brakes on one side. I've been advised that putting two brakes on one lever is unsafe because each brake may have a different travel requirement, and it's difficult to adjust them to brake at the same time, especially if they are different,
disk and cantilever.

They say the Honda GHX 50 has an automatically clutch, but for some reason they mount this engine over the back wheel. Anyone know why? Can it be mounted in the frame like a motorbike! Mike

...They say the Honda GHX 50 has an automatically clutch, but for some reason they mount this engine over the back wheel. Anyone know why? Can it be mounted in the frame like a motorbike! Mike

You mean like this?

Attachments

• bike_side.JPG
    bike_side.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 437
Yeah, why can't the Honda GXH 50 be mounted like the Grubee, in the bike frame?

I'd like to know where he bought his motor Honda GHX 50 kit, or did he piece it together with the Grubee drive kit? So far, I don't know anyone who sells a kit for frame installation based on the Honda engine. Thanks for your input. Mike

Back