49cc 4 stroke stalls and blows smoke out of intake

You're showing two different gears, your second picture is a gov. The first one looks like an advance.
No if you look at the picture below the first 2 (my picture) it has a cupped shape on top the one in the 1st pic is upside down it's the same thing as in the 2nd picture without plunger and flyweights. I can't see why they would put an advance gear where the original honda governor goes on the clone. Ran good until I took the sidecover off. I was just checking what the internals were and tapping the side bolt holes on mount. If you look at the first pic of the "timing gear" you will see 4 rectangular holes that could hold those flyweights.

Have you tried talking to it nicely? Maybe its relationship with the side cover might be non EPA complaint

The 2 side bars on beach cruiser frames must be so you can't adjust your valves. I have noticed before if the rocker has any pressure on the valve it can throw off valve timing. The intake looked like it was pushing down a little compared to exhaust which was higher. Torx bits and a wrench might work and an 8mm box wrench

The 2 side bars on beach cruiser frames must be so you can't adjust your valves. I have noticed before if the rocker has any pressure on the valve it can throw off valve timing. The intake looked like it was pushing down a little compared to exhaust which was higher. Torx bits and a wrench might work and an 8mm box wrench
If your engine is at TDC both rockers should be loose a tiny bit, a small amount of wiggle room. If either(ha ha intake in your case) is tight then it won't close all the way and let A/F out and back down the carb.
Did you disturb either of the bolts on your coil?

Probably not your issue. Ever see a keyway sheer just enough where just a fraction of the key is still holding onto the bottom half? Takes a torque shock to totally separate it.

Back