49cc 4 stroke stalls and blows smoke out of intake

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
6:42 PM
So after putting my side cover back on my engine it doesn't want to stay running, I first thought the clutch was catching stalling the engine which could be an issue but it also blows white smoke out of the intake when it shuts down. Is it an improperly adjusted valve? I adjusted them to .003 and .004 but for some reason it doesn't seem to be sealing. Took the plug out and checked where TDC was while adjusting. I did remove the floating governor gear aka timing gear on the sidecover. There is no timing marks on the gear and seems to be a restriction so I removed it. I know it is in fact a governor gear since it has the slots for the flyweights and looks like any other plastic gov gear. I don't think removing that would affect engine running but it could have somehow.

Can you post a picture of the side with the pull start cover off. Take your valve cover off, rotate the motor and watch the valves. Turn it over a few times and just watch, when the intake closes, that's TDC. Then adjust the valves. If you take the spark plug out it will turn over easy by hand.

Got a picture of the part you removed?

Weird it says in the desc. that it regulates fuel? it is clearly a governor gear. This is definetely the part. Doesn't really explain the white smoke out of intake because the dots were lined up. Has to be valve related. I don't know how a gear on a post can regulate fuel except give some resistance. The way the bikeberry desc. goes it sounds like they're talking 2 stroke with case induction or ports.

Honda recommends .008/.011 on the valve adjustments for the gxh50 and this is a Honda clone motor. What does your spark plug look like?

You might have put the timing cam in 1 tooth off, you want to put the cam in at exactly the middle of tdc. Put a straw in the spark plug hole and rock the piston through the dwell area, where the piston doesn't really move up and down for a few degrees. Try to position the piston in the middle of the dwell then put the cam in with the timing marks lined up.
I kept that gear you removed in my engine and it spools over 9000, literally. Not a very good governor if that's what it is.

sounds like a timing issue, id try putting that gear back in as it probably regulates timing somehow (as the 142f doesn't have a mechanical governor gear, at least none that I've seen) only governors are on the flywheel/coil.

"correction"
SOME gxh50s have a mechanical governor, but its got a real arm and a whole different set up

1610595786460.png
1610595974645.png

Looks like it to me, the motor is a gxh50 from a 2010 post and you can see the gov has been mounted in the same place as the huasheng "timing gear". The sidecover is still on and he removed the flywheel side case cover.

Hmm, stand corrected.

Id say check the timing marks, possibly the cam lobe might have shifted from the plastic?

Back