49cc 4stroke spark plug issues

Mopedkid42069

Local time
12:37 PM
Hey so I'm new here. Figured smarter people than me would be able to help. I need a replacement spark plug for my huansheng 49cc 4 stroke. Unfortunately I'm finding it difficult to find any information about what to buy and on top of that it's proven very difficult to find anywhere that stocks what i need. Does anyone have any advice? Im checking out a lawn mower repair place tomorrow to see if they'd stock small enough plugs but without a clear idea of what im looking for im concerned that im going to walk away having wasted my money. This may sound like a dumb question so thanks to anyone who answers

I'm still not sold on platinum, iridium or other exoticum plugs. Good old copper plugs for me; no sense putting a plug that lasts 100,000 miles in a $99 engine. By the time you actually erode a copper plug, the engine will be done anyway.

Okay......so i got the spark plug and it still wasn't sparking so like a moron i decided to tighten it more which over tighten it and now the thread of the spark plug is stuck in there, while the rest of the spark plug body has disconnected from it. As far as i can tell there seems to be no way to get it out and along with the sparking issue im starting to think that i may need to invest in another motor. Does anyone have some sage wisdom to get me out of this?

Do you have a pic of it? What sucks is the head on that motor is cast along w/the block. You said the ceramic portion broke off and the rest is still in there. Can you use a 6pt deep socket with a 1/2 in ratchet to remove the part that is still in screwed in there? 1/2in ratchet will give you a lot more oomph than a 3/8ths ratchet. Just an idea...…………………………………………………………...

I'm still not sold on platinum, iridium or other exoticum plugs. Good old copper plugs for me; no sense putting a plug that lasts 100,000 miles in a $99 engine. By the time you actually erode a copper plug, the engine will be done anyway.
You have an excellent point there and in general I agree. Some folks like KC [others too] who have built many bikes using the HS 142f state that they run better w/that plug in them. So for a few bucks I'm willing to give it a try. In cars I'm sold on platinum plugs because they last 100k or more. The old coppers were good for 25k maybe...……………………………..

Okay......so i got the spark plug and it still wasn't sparking so like a moron i decided to tighten it more which over tighten it and now the thread of the spark plug is stuck in there, while the rest of the spark plug body has disconnected from it. As far as i can tell there seems to be no way to get it out and along with the sparking issue im starting to think that i may need to invest in another motor. Does anyone have some sage wisdom to get me out of this?

If it's really JUST the threads stuck in the engine, it should spin right out. Jam a screwdriver in there and twist, or use an easy-out. Gasketed plugs only need 1/4 turn past snug to seat properly.

A no-spark problem means there's a problem with the magneto. Either it's bad or the gap is too big.

Back