49cc 4stroke spark plug issues

Okay so these are the pictures. As you can see the sparkplug has broken off inside of the engine. One of the brothers in my club says its fixable who says its fixable

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-30-03-21-21.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-03-21-21.png
    677.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_2018-09-30-03-21-16.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-03-21-16.png
    581.8 KB · Views: 175
I can't see anything in that hole. Where's the bottom of the plug at? You know the part w/the curved electrode you'd adjust for the gap. I think a cheap plug plus your over tightening both contributed to the issue. Can you see the threads where the plug screws into the head? If so then a thread chaser might fix it up enough to get a quality plug in there and never remove it. If the bottom of the plug is still in there [just can't see it in the pic] your going to need to grind it out, or find a way to grab onto it and unscrew it. At a minimum you can sell the motor for parts and get at least some of your money back. Gotta be worth at least $50 if complete. I keep looking at that hole and don't see anything in there.

If the bottom of that plug is still in there I have a tool that might work to get it out. It's an old t-handle car battery terminal cleaner that's tapered w/4 cutting edges on it. It's all one piece and is pretty stout. You can probably buy one cheap off of fleabay.

Looks removable if the plug broke before the threads stripped. You can first try a large flat head screwdriver and try to twist it out. If not, use an easy-out style extractor and skip the drill portion, just go straight to the extractor side.

Those plugs should only be hand tightened then rotated 1/4 turn - that's it.

I wonder what the most miles on a huasheng 49cc is does anyone know? I wonder if it would be possible to replace some parts like the rod and piston with OEM Honda and if that would make the engine last longer but still be cheaper than the original Honda.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting it out, you saved the motor. How did you do it? Never seen a plug come apart like that b4.

Back