49cc decal?

Discussion in 'Painting, Welding, Bending and Gas Tanks' started by DJEEPER, Jun 29, 2009.


    DJEEPER Member

    Does anyone know where i can pick up such a thing to slap on the side of my engine to ward off 5-0's? :idea:

  2. azbill

    azbill Active Member

    spookytooth used to sell an engraved mag cover
    mine saved my bacon a couple of times :)
  3. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    harbor frieght I think sells stamps for stamping into metal

    maybe stamp your own ??

    we used to stamp a lot of things in the City small engine repair shop with numbers and letters....

    ride that thing
  4. graucho

    graucho Active Member

    If you have access to a lazer printer and a editing program you can make your own. Many office supply companies (Office Max etc..) sell adhesive waterproof labels that hold up very well. You would have to trim it yourself. I have an example from my 97cc baja that I cheated on.

    Attached Files:


    DJEEPER Member

    thats great! I went on ebay and found a sticker that had 49cc in it. i will crop it out and slap it on the side of the engine.
  6. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    looks like a 49cc to me said the pooolice man

    as he let the motor biker ride awaay on that thing

  7. spencer15

    spencer15 New Member

    you could always sharpie it on:grin5:
  8. ibdennyak

    ibdennyak Guest

    Ha ha.....mine says 49cc Honda. Had to play with the sizing to get it to fit. Little clear over it makes it blend better. :grin5: cheated????? :evilgrin: I see it as spin.
  9. cpuaid

    cpuaid Member

    man u guys are sooo sneaky. never thought about downsizing my 66cc down to 49cc via laser printer and i'm in the computer industry. learn something new everyday...
  10. ibdennyak

    ibdennyak Guest

    Sneaky????nah, imaginative. :grin5: Sides Graucho is from Minnesooota, and that's where I misspent a good portion of my life. Dats just how de Norvegians are. Ya suuure, you betcha...:whistling:
  11. motorpsycho

    motorpsycho Active Member

    you can't be serious ?
  12. ibdennyak

    ibdennyak Guest

    About what? The 97 cc engine is only slightly larger and heavier than a Honda GX or clone, They almost have to be side by side to tell. About Norwegians? Nah, kind of a private joke between me and my Norwegian friends.
  13. motorpsycho

    motorpsycho Active Member

    serious about being THAT paranoid of getting caught by the cops for riding something bigger than 49 c.c.'s.
    I've driven a 1200 horsepower drag car on the streets and have never gotten into trouble just for it looking too powerful.
    Granted, i did get in trouble a few times with it, showing off and doing burnouts...but that was my own fault.
    I don't think a cop can give you a ticket based on the fact that he thinks the motor is too big.
    I would do just the opposite, and put a 500 c.c. decal on it.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  14. loquin

    loquin Active Member

    The laws in each state are different. Particularly when it comes to motor assisted bikes.

    Here in AZ, the limits are 48cc or less, and no faster than 20 MPH. If it is clocked over 20 MPH, or even if the cop SAID it was going over 20 MPH, it is considered a motor vehicle (moped) by the law/courts, and a moped requires license, registration, and insurance... One of our members (Torques) spent a couple of days in jail, and had over a thousand dollars in fines* (No license/registration/insurance, driving a motor vehicle with suspended license,) because the cop said that he was over twenty MPH (he had an earlier DUI and suspended license.) This is even after he showed the cop his odometer maximum speed reading of 19.5 MPH. (The cop had a grudge against him from an earlier, failed attempted ticket, when he didn't know about the new MB law here.)

    Ref http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6800

    (* The fines were suspended, but, Torques got to pay nearly $400 for his lovely retreat in the city jail, plus paying for a lawyer...)
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  15. james65

    james65 Member

    49cc Decal

    Many of the pet stores have automatic engravers. You can list yourCC'S, EPA info, MFG and VIN all on one tag that can be riveted to your Mtr. and or frame
    Looks pretty official.
  16. Turtle Tedd

    Turtle Tedd Member

    augidog is gonna be on you guys
  17. motorpsycho

    motorpsycho Active Member

    man i sure am glad that i don't have to worry about this kind of thing.
  18. HoughMade

    HoughMade Guest

    I marked my engine as 2 9/10ths cubic inches....no, not kidding....but of course that's what it is.

    Attached Files:

  19. augidog

    augidog New Member

    common "cause" , common "worries"

    LOL! shoot, 'Tedd...it's not me they have to worry about...i merely keep pointing out that, tho some may think otherwise, cops know how to use the internet too.

    of course, if anyone ever po'd a cop enuff to cause him to give me a hard time because of it, then there may be a problem...think about it...someday that could happen to your local MB-bro's & -sis's if you push too many buttons.

    there's a DANG-GOOD "L & L" discussion about indiana going on...mutual-responsibility is mentioned quite often there, and in much more diplomatic fashion than i'm capable of: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=17408

    Hough'...at the salt flats i bragged "32cc...that's 2.14 tablespoons!"
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  20. Nuttsy

    Nuttsy Member

    Best suggestion yet. Although I would use an alpha-numeric punch set as such tags are usually stamped.