49cc HS142 gas tank for friction kit?

bikejock

Local time
1:17 PM
I'm trying to find a gas tank that mounts above the cylinder for my HS142F 4 stroke engine. I'm using the HS142 for a friction kit I'm getting that doesn't include the motor. This engine seems to be made for gravity feed fuel system. So a gas tank mounted anywhere else probably wouldn't work unless it's above the engine.

Problem is I can't seem to find anyone that sells the gas tank for that engine. They only sell the tear drop tanks that mount on the top tube of a bike & that's not what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I can get that gas tank? It's plastic, white and bolts on to the top of the engine.

Last edited:
No small engine is "made" for gravity feed or vacuum feed. They don't care how they get their fuel. if you use a pump carb you can mount the gas tank anywhere you want.

Know where I can get a pump carb for my engine?

I found a gas tank that staton inc. sells that mounts on the friction drive rear mount. It will be next to the engine instead of on top of the engine so it looks like I might need a pump carb.

Last edited:
I bought mine for my Honda GXH50 from ThatsDax.Com

ROTARY VALVE THROTTLE RVTDC 1 12.99
DIAPHRAGM CARBURETOR
DIAPHRAGM CARBURETOR DCAK 1 22.99
ADAPTER KIT
Subtotal 35.98
Shipping 9.00
Tax 0.00
Total 44.98
Fairly easy installation. I'd advise getting a matching throttle cable for it, from them too.

Nice. might try that or chance a GX50 gas tank I'm looking at on eBay. Problem is it doesn't look like it comes with the mounting brackets so I might need to find that separately.

I was trying to resolve two problems. Throttle cable mount and larger fuel capacity. I'll eventually add a folding black basket on my left rear side of my bike to carry things and to hold a 2 gallon gas tank for long road camping trips. I'll add a single wheel tow behind trailer for gear.

I was thinking of getting the staton inc. fuel tank they have that mounts on the top of the rear mount. I would just have to drill a hole in the mount for the tank mounting bracket. For cargo, I was thinking of getting an ammo can and bolting it up to the right side of the mount. I don't plan on doing any long duration trips on my bike because I mostly want it for short commutes around my town. Probably travel around 10 to 20 miles at most for my longest trip.

I was also thinking of using one of the plastic versions of the ammo box as a tool box with a secure mount to the basket for trips. I'm thinking my first trip will be the Natchez Trace from Nashville, TN to Natchez,MS. This spring sometime. Was going to do it on my road bike but think it will be more fun on my MAB.

Here's the gas tank I'm thinking about. It's only 64oz but should be plenty for my needs it's only $20.
Gas Tank.jpg

Back