49cc Huasheng 4 stroke build issues

See if you can lower the bracket in the back down just a smudge also if need be you can cut the tab off the choke and glue/jbl it back on in a different area

also if i am correct Left = no choke right = choke

Awesome, thanks for the input, I'll try that first thing in the morning.

You can remove that "L" handle on the choke and just turn it with the diameter on the cylindrical base. On my HS-142F, it was on a tight mountain bike, I had the choke filed down to a 1/4" nub; I had to pinch two fingers to work it. But, if it works it works.

Don't cut the bike secondary top tube to make the choke work. Better to just snip off the choke to a dial cylinder and you can mark it with a marker to determine the choke position if you wish but the position become second nature after you ride the bike for a while.

You can remove that "L" handle on the choke and just turn it with the diameter on the cylindrical base. On my HS-142F, it was on a tight mountain bike, I had the choke filed down to a 1/4" nub; I had to pinch two fingers to work it. But, if it works it works.

Don't cut the bike secondary top tube to make the choke work. Better to just snip off the choke to a dial cylinder and you can mark it with a marker to determine the choke position if you wish but the position become second nature after you ride the bike for a while.

Yeah, I def won't be cutting into the bike, I think right now my best bet is to see if I can reposition the mount/motor to move the knob closer to center and see if that helps, I think that will also help keep the chain clear of the frame, it rubs a bit in The back, I didn't ride far so its not bad.

WOW that's a conundrum. You'll remember this one for life. Good luck. Maybe an angled intake might work, a small pumper carb. Take the L off of the choke handle and just use it rounded. Cut 75% of the L off and use it that way.

for the rubbing move the chain idler closer to the front of tire and when tightening it down give it a small tilt forward

Its the top part of the chain, moving the idler would only push the bottom out of alignment with the top of the chain. This makes me miss my 2 stroke, but then there's a reason I called it death trap.

Thanks again guys for all the help, I'm goimg to get started on this soon, and will post the results.

So I just got back from a short ride, I realised a little late that I can't check the plug without removing the entire motor... But, the smoke is just a fraction of what it was so I'm confident its nothing to worry about.
My thoughts now move to the idle it was higher on start-up and a bit erratic even after a good 10 min warm up, this cleared up and it sounds good at idle, I was even a bit impressed. On another note, this motor will not start or run with the choke to the right if you turn it to the right while your warmed up it will die even giving it gas. And one more thing, why on earth did they route the throttle cable in the wrong direction? My throttle does not return, I mean I've got cruise control but that has the potential to be a hazard. Thank you to everybody for all the help, I never expected this amount of feedback from such a nice group of people.

So I just got back from a short ride, I realised a little late that I can't check the plug without removing the entire motor... But, the smoke is just a fraction of what it was so I'm confident its nothing to worry about.
My thoughts now move to the idle it was higher on start-up and a bit erratic even after a good 10 min warm up, this cleared up and it sounds good at idle, I was even a bit impressed. On another note, this motor will not start or run with the choke to the right if you turn it to the right while your warmed up it will die even giving it gas. And one more thing, why on earth did they route the throttle cable in the wrong direction? My throttle does not return, I mean I've got cruise control but that has the potential to be a hazard. Thank you to everybody for all the help, I never expected this amount of feedback from such a nice group of people.
i would put a return spring on the engine, i dont really trust the stock spring.
also try to remove the air filter, then see if it runs without choke. as it might be clogged (you never know)
next is preformence mods!

i would put a return spring on the engine, i dont really trust the stock spring.
also try to remove the air filter, then see if it runs without choke. as it might be clogged (you never know)
next is preformence mods!

I'll try that, I've been thinking about performance parts, any recommendations?
Edit: it seems to only start run with the choke open, my phone gps got me At 24mph not bad for a guy my size tho.

Last edited:
Back