49cc Huasheng 4 stroke build issues

wait, its just a insert? so you can remove it.
id just do that, much easier (i thought it was molded in to the intake)

I'll remove it and see how it goes, there was abit of moisture in the end of the hose when I looked last.

That plastic piece in the airbox is to prevent the engine from sucking the air filter in. Don't cut it out, drill a hole in it (and the airboxer cover) if you must. Best thing to do is to replace your intake so you can run a "2-stroke carb", sounds like your carb isn't dialed in and the adjustment is behind a block-off plate on most newer Huasheng carbs. I've found those carbs to be unreliable over the long term.

shave the head if you can do that (only like .30, .50 if your felling lucky)

Dude. The Huasheng doesn't have a removable head, and if you're gonna tell someone to "shave the head" don't just throw crazy inspecific numbers out there like that. SMH.

That plastic piece in the airbox is to prevent the engine from sucking the air filter in. Don't cut it out, drill a hole in it (and the airboxer cover) if you must. Best thing to do is to replace your intake so you can run a "2-stroke carb", sounds like your carb isn't dialed in and the adjustment is behind a block-off plate on most newer Huasheng carbs. I've found those carbs to be unreliable over the long term.

Dude. The Huasheng doesn't have a removable head, and if you're gonna tell someone to "shave the head" don't just throw crazy inspecific numbers out there like that. SMH.

Oops, I already cut it... I'm fairly confident that the filter is stiff enough for now that if I need to I can get another one before this one gets eaten. What's your take on the vent hose? Leave it blocked, or unblocked?

You can always stick a piece of aluminum screen or the like on there for extra protection.
The stock airbox is restrictive itself, I drilled holes in mine's cover before I ended up replacing it.

As for the hose on airbox, cap it, and stick a small filter on the hose leading out of the engine.
I found a small Uni filter on Amazon for mine. Bam, crankcase vent. PCV? No, ACV :LOL:

Oops, my bad 🤭
I was thinking about another 4 stroke.
(Long day yesterday)
But those numbers are in safe operation as these engines dont make super high compression, and IF you could, it would run fine (hell even better, the faster you go the funner it is!)
Also I said "if you can do it"
I wasent sure if you could (I'm not complete experienced with this engines, so please OP, take my advice with caution)

Last edited:
You can always stick a piece of aluminum screen or the like on there for extra protection.
The stock airbox is restrictive itself, I drilled holes in mine's cover before I ended up replacing it.

As for the hose on airbox, cap it, and stick a small filter on the hose leading out of the engine.
I found a small Uni filter on Amazon for mine. Bam, crankcase vent. PCV? No, ACV :LOL:

View attachment 86237
what jet size are you using on that carb

Back