49cc Huasheng clutch issues

Rico
You read me wrong. I said your solution was better than the new clutch I bought from Staton.
I tried what you said also one a standard clutch and it does work good dude.
The new clutch I had already ordered from Staton was $50. It doesn't even engage until 5000 rpm. That one is useless, not your quick fix. I'm putting the old clutch back on today with your quick fix I did also.
Good job on the quick fix. And I see from your vid you even have the aluminium clutch which is even harder to get to engage because its light. I have used a steel clutch which is heavier but they are hard to find. So your fix is a good solution.

I have the cheap single chain Chinese one that comes with the kit.
I see those 4G type drives but they are more money than what I paid for the whole kit.
I can change a lot of clutches for $350.

Did you see those double chain gearboxes? Any better?
About all I use is 4G's, some I convert to 10G's ;-}

I have tried about every type of 4-stroke transfer case there is, and I find T-belts (Toothed Belts) and T-pulleys to be the best.
Quiet, efficient, and virtually zero maintenance.
Chain sucks.

Sure KC. I bought a 150cc scooter for what its going to cost for all of the good kit.
Pricing is getting out of reach for what the purpose of motorizing a bike should be.
There is still big clutch issues with the 4 strokes as they werent meant to be or designed for bike duty.

Sure KC. I bought a 150cc scooter for what its going to cost for all of the good kit.
Nice score!
Pricing is getting out of reach for what the purpose of motorizing a bike should be.
A means for Safe, Legal, Reliable Transportation?

What do you think pricing should be? Simply Cheap at all costs of quality?
Get one free in a cracker jack box or with a kids meal?

It can be done. Their is a plague of builders doing it here.
$80 kit on an $80 bike, and maybe they last 80 days with 80 minutes of repairs and then ready for the trash heap.
I don't think that's what motorized bikes should be.

My point is, not everyone is bound by their wallet, actually few of my customers are, they just want easy and reliable and $1500 is nothing to get that until they can get to drive their $50K car again.
Safe, Legal, Reliable Transportation

I guess we just differ on 'what the purpose of motorizing a bike should be'.
I am of the thought that it's to do it right, or don't do it all, and good parts aren't cheap.

You know first hand what bargain gasbike kits are now, need a new one of their transfer cases?
I have 3 or 4 sitting here I'll never use, I bought some full kits with engines on holiday special as even with replacing the junk TC with a 4G as it had other parts I can use so a score ;-}

Anyway, no slam, just thoughts from another perspective is all.

what the purpose of motorizing a bike should be.

Sure lets examine where these kits started out from. The Chinese. Then Americans jumped in to make money from their good idea.
Mass cheap transportation was invented in China. Ever been there KC? Everyone drives bikes and they all can't afford $50K cars.
What is the cost of production of a 4G clutch? $50? And I see a guy trying to sell them for $350? 700% mark-up is fair KC?
The purpose of these bikes is so you don't have to jump into your $50K car to go 2 miles and guzzle more fuel than is needed to carry your body 2 miles, many times over again.
Jumping into your $50K car to pick up something you can carry in your pocket, using fuel to move the 3000 Lb car for the purpose of carrying a small item 2 miles doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Reliable doesn't have to equal rip-off.
Having fun also doesn't have to be expensive.
And finally, saving the planet doesn't have to cost the farm.

It's not what you have in something, it's what you can get out of it

If I could sell 1 gallon of oil for 100$ when it only costed 10$, guess what I'd be doing.... Selling a boat load of oil

If you want cheap and decently reliable. Buy a 2 stroke grubee skyhawk, they are only 150ish$ and will get you were you need to go but you still have to take care of them just like anything else you buy

I'm interested in 4 strokes, and for a low cost market mixing fuel isn't an option.
The point of this thread is to improve the weak link on the 4 stroke kit, the clutch and the transfer case.
some amount of mechanical aptitude is required to keep these bikes going agreed.
Trying to make it easier for those who don't have that.

What is needed is a better clutch that locks like a go kart clutch, and a transfer case that can handle the side loads on the shafts.
but not for $350.

Nice score!

It can be done. Their is a plague of builders doing it here.
$80 kit on an $80 bike, and maybe they last 80 days with 80 minutes of repairs and then ready for the trash heap. I don't think that's what motorized bikes should be.

You know first hand what bargain gasbike kits are now, need a new one of their transfer cases?
I have 3 or 4 sitting here I'll never use, I bought some full kits with engines on holiday special as even with replacing the junk TC with a 4G as it had other parts I can use so a score ;-}

Anyway, no slam, just thoughts from another perspective is all.

LOL, when you say it isnt a "slam" you should probably not call those with a different opinion "a plague of builders". :p JK

I have the junk TC on my 4-stroke and changed to a lower sprocket, which really stretched the transmission chain out to where it was jumping from the sprockets. I went nearly 1k miles on the higher sprocket and had no problem.

I made a chain guide from $5 worth of materials from Ace Hardware and it seems to be holding up. I really want to change it out to a high quality steel bearing though but I want to see if this cheap solution will last (check it frequently). Yeah, unlike a belt, chains stretch and are noisy as all hell. I think the gasbike transfer case is fine but you have to account for the chain stretch in the transmission in whatever way you feel best (tension and alignment of bottom chain). Lynn at custommotoredbicycles has a good way of doing it but she is doing it for a belt (just replace with a chain). The gasbike transmission is $50 and tack on maybe $10 for a chain guide/tensioner inside the case and maybe it will be fine? o_O

What I really want to see if the GP460 (goped motor) high rev 2-stroke motor (11k RPM) with a jackshaft. I know you are busy with your premium builds but that would be awesome to see how much pull and speed the motor can do.

Attachments

• tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 220
Back