49cc Huasheng has oil plug in unusual spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

outatime88

Local time
12:32 PM
Does anyone know if this is normal? From what I saw in the gxh50 manual and from what I have seen someone else say is that the oil plug for the 142f is right underneath the black oil cap, only for me where the plug should be has been completely blocked off. The only other possible oil plug I could find is underneath the transmission where I put a blue arrow in the picture. Also when I took the bolt or plug out in this spot as you can see if the photo it had grey engine sealant on it.

Edit: After looking at a bunch of online pics of these engines it seems that they all have an oil plug in the normal spot that is blocked off for me, but some don't have the opening that I do under the transmission and some have both o_O

IMG_3473.JPG IMG_3475.JPG IMG_3479.JPG
DZRfCVC

mkNvMLc

eVWjU4c

Last edited:
a lot of people just use a small cooking syringe with a 6-8" piece of plastic tubing connected to the tip of the syringe to suck out the dirty oil through the oil plug when doing an oil change. the way the motor sits on the mounting plate makes draining the oil from the drain plug problematic and messy.

a lot of people just use a small cooking syringe with a 6-8" piece of plastic tubing connected to the tip of the syringe to suck out the dirty oil through the oil plug when doing an oil change. the way the motor sits on the mounting plate makes draining the oil from the drain plug problematic and messy.
Only thing I really don't like about the syringe method is it risks leaving some of the heavier sediments behind. I go so far as draining, put a small amount of fresh oil in, yank the pull start a few times to cycle that through some then drain that off before filling.

Only thing I really don't like about the syringe method is it risks leaving some of the heavier sediments behind. I go so far as draining, put a small amount of fresh oil in, yank the pull start a few times to cycle that through some then drain that off before filling.
Good Point

That truly is an odd location for the drain plug. Put a splash of oil in and see if it drains there.

When I took the screw out and tilted the engine a tiny bit of oil from the factory dripped out. I'm just going to guess that since I've seen some of these engines with no plug or anything at all where mine is, that it's just a choice by the manufacturer.

I would at think that at least one person though has the same thing.

I have one of those engines on a new bike, hasn't been given crankcase oil yet. Would love to see after market plug with dipstick. that would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back