49cc no chain tensioner

That sprocket is TOAST! It also looks like you’ve run with a LOT of slack, for quite some time (the chain eating into the top of the case, where the chain enters the sprocket, and that fender..). Those are some great photos, for others who may not quite understand what that looks like. If that sprocket really never has been replaced, you managed that many miles on it and it still ran, I’d vote for it to be bronzed and mounted as a trophy! 👍

So I finally got the cover off of the chain sprocket side, I had to use screw extractors because I had them stripped before, as you can see in the picture do I need to replace at sprocket oh, is this my problem
"Fxxx me" Was what I actually said to that photo.
Yes, replace the sprockets and chain together. Don't run anything old with anything new.

Yeah so I finally got the gear puller to pull the sprocket off as you can see a little picture and I got the new sprocket on and I'm tightening it down as we speak oh, yes the chain probably needs to be replaced as well it's still got a lot of slack in it, yeah I don't know how I got so many miles of it out of it and a simple tire rotation did it in LOL but you know hey and pay no attention to my clutch lever that screw stripped a long time ago and I got a zip tie holding it

Attachments

• 20190721_203511.jpg
    20190721_203511.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20190721_203528.jpg
    20190721_203528.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 145
Yeah so I finally got the gear puller to pull the sprocket off as you can see a little picture and I got the new sprocket on and I'm tightening it down as we speak oh, yes the chain probably needs to be replaced as well it's still got a lot of slack in it, yeah I don't know how I got so many miles of it out of it and a simple tire rotation did it in LOL but you know hey and pay no attention to my clutch lever that screw stripped a long time ago and I got a zip tie holding it
Cool. It looks like the rear sprocket's teeth are pretty pointed too. Clutch lever, what clutch lever. You know they make a knarp for those to remedy that problem. What am I saying, I just said what clutch lever.:rolleyes:

Not sure what all changed, during the tire change... But, it does look like you have a good bit of unused depth in those dropouts... If your rear pads aren’t already adjusted to their minimum radius, you could take up a good bit of slack by drawing further back into the dropouts and realigning your pads. And, yes, start back out with new-on-new-on-new — set the chain length to put somewhere in the first half of the dropouts, then you’ll have room to draw back as you gain slack.

Great catch! 👍

Cool. It looks like the rear sprocket's teeth are pretty pointed too. Clutch lever, what clutch lever. You know they make a knarp for those to remedy that problem. What am I saying, I just said what clutch lever.:rolleyes:
Thats My poor boy zip tie fix on stripped clutch cable to clutch lever on that sprocket I just replaced. It's pretty dark, I went for a ride but the back wheel keeps on locking up which leads me to believe that there is too many links in the chain, so I'll look at it in the morning LOL thanks guys for all your help. I'm not sure how much to tighten the sprocket back down so before I mess something up I'm going to stop right now and tomorrow morning I'll look at it again cuz I'm off work

Attachments

• 20190721_205708.jpg
    20190721_205708.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 120
  • 20190721_205825.jpg
    20190721_205825.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190721_205848.jpg
    20190721_205848.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 135
Update. Yes. Finally. Full throttle. Chain doesnt slip. Not sure if u can see but theres about 4 or 5 master clips in chain. Question. Look at case cover. I gotta shave an 1/2 inch off a screw. Will it hold with two?

Attachments

• 20190722_104025_HDR.jpg
    20190722_104025_HDR.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190722_104029_HDR.jpg
    20190722_104029_HDR.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 135
Update. Yes. Finally. Full throttle. Chain doesnt slip. Not sure if u can see but theres about 4 or 5 master clips in chain. Question. Look at case cover. I gotta shave an 1/2 inch off a screw. Will it hold with two?

You’ll pro’ly be okay with those two, for now, but you’ll definitely wanna resolve it soon. Remember, that cover bears all the pressure your clutch lever is putting against the bucking bar, so...

I found some screws and they fit. Just too long. Used a mechanical klines not my electrical one and a framers hammer. LoL. Cut perfectly. And went ahead and made sure nice n tight. Just went on a 5mile ride.... So nice... Idk how my old sprocket grabbed the chain. But I had it near tight too so. Good to have a little slack.

Back