49cc Pocketbike engine on bicycle?

Ok I kinda want to swap my 79cc predator for a 2 stroke now its so damn hard to start i have to pull 10+ times until it starts and its really crappy on power if i'm sitting infront of my garage and I hit the gas it barely has enough power to move over the bump without me pedaling I think the clutch slips it chatters alot. i still think the shaft has a bend in it because the clutch bell oscillates while its running maybe I'll just sell the bike and use that money to make a 2 stroke bike with one of the zedas or gt80s. Or a Honda ruckus which is street legal. The pocketbike engine bike would be aluminum frame if I made one I may as well get the 44mm 60cc big bore kit too, and then see if the huasheng gearbox works.

20180721_195547.jpg
20180721_195553.jpg
20180721_195613.jpg

Picked up this mini chopper with electric start, horn, turn signals brake light and light. Don't get me wrong there is some stuff broken on it and it needs a new battery it looks kind of old. Hmm road legal motorized bike build? I traded a brass model cannon barrel for it. Only prob is I'd have to use a jackshaft. The output is on the right. I was thinking I could possibly use the 49cc engine on a MB build and then put a 110cc 4 stroke into the chopper. The engine is the E104/E106.

Last edited:
Picked up this mini chopper with electric start, horn, turn signals brake light and light. Don't get me wrong there is some stuff broken on it and it needs a new battery it looks kind of old. Hmm road legal motorized bike build? I traded a brass model cannon barrel for it. Only prob is I'd have to use a jackshaft. The output is on the right. I was thinking I could possibly use the 49cc engine on a MB build and then put a 110cc 4 stroke into the chopper. The engine is the E104/E106.
This looks like a bike I had when I was younger, except for the suicide shifter which doesn't seem to be present on this one. Probably the only one I didn't almost die on since it was too scarey to ride with a shopping cart wheel on a rake that was probably 12 inches too long.. Reminded me of a doodlebug but for crazier than normal people who think doodlebugs are too slow.

This looks like a bike I had when I was younger, except for the suicide shifter which doesn't seem to be present on this one. Probably the only one I didn't almost die on since it was too scarey to ride with a shopping cart wheel on a rake that was probably 12 inches too long.. Reminded me of a doodlebug but for crazier than normal people who think doodlebugs are too slow.
Ya I was thinking I could put a semi auto 110 with electric start on it and do something else with the 49 I want to convert it to an nt carb and it has a 32mm spacing on the intake port. Only problem is it has a hole right below the opening on the intake I guess for priming the engine/ the diaphragm. Would it matter if I blocked it?

Ya I was thinking I could put a semi auto 110 with electric start on it and do something else with the 49 I want to convert it to an nt carb and it has a 32mm spacing on the intake port. Only problem is it has a hole right below the opening on the intake I guess for priming the engine/ the diaphragm. Would it matter if I blocked it?
If it is truly for engine priming (like there isn't a choke, and the primer doesn't feed elsewhere) then it's probably better to close it off once you have a carb with a choke position. I'm not sure though where exactly that hole is (on the intake itself or engine face and I don't even know what type of motor you have) so I can't say with certainty.

That's a fun looking bike though nonetheless.

The hole is in the carb and below the intake port on the engine the engine is the 3rd one on that picture if you scroll up. E104/E/107 I was planning on using a wide mouth 32mm intake and an NT carb.

The hole is in the carb and below the intake port on the engine the engine is the 3rd one on that picture if you scroll up. E104/E/107 I was planning on using a wide mouth 32mm intake and an NT carb.
Well 107 and 104 are distinctly different and I have no knowledge of either, but if the carb body is directly mounted then it may also be an idle port but the easiest way to figure it out is just hook a gas line up to it (off the motor) and hit the primer, if a bunch of gas squirts out that hole then you got the answer. Alternatively you can also probably just push the primer without gas and feel if air is pumped out that hole, or hold your finger on it and feel extra resistance in the primer bulb.

It's probably just the primer since engines don't ever really have a separate port on the idle circuit, at least none I've played with (but I'm sure some engineer has done it.)

Right, So the reason the primer is there is to act as a fuel valve right? the primer acts like the valve. So if I used the new intake it wouldn't matter if the hole is there since it will be blocked? do you think I should try to JB weld the hole or cut a piece of a self tapping screw and red loctite it? when I took off the carb it was wet around the hole on the gasket.

Right, So the reason the primer is there is to act as a fuel valve right? the primer acts like the valve. So if I used the new intake it wouldn't matter if the hole is there since it will be blocked? do you think I should try to JB weld the hole or cut a piece of a self tapping screw and red loctite it? when I took off the carb it was wet around the hole on the gasket.
It activates a valve in all practical sense, but it shouldn't link to the engine in any way, I don't know why I didn't think of it before, diaphragm carbs have pulse ports that use the vacuum created in the crankcase to run the fuel pump action in the carb, it's much different than the gravity fed float valve carbs which just use venturi to pull the fuel back out, generally the fuel is static once in the carb (not continuously pumped throughout until it leaves) and just flows without the need for a vacuum, that makes float based carbs subject to vibration and fuel foaming problems and since gravity is a one way street, orientation problems.

That hole is probably just the vac port that runs the carb, if your tank sits lower than the carb or fuel inside it does at least partly then it makes sense why they used that carb, with a float and gravity setup it wouldn't be able to deliver all or some of the fuel to the carb. Look at some hedge trimmers and weed whackers, really any of them with a primer have a chance of having a gas tank that with lower than the carb does, my Troy bilt trimmer is like that. Good luck.
walbro1f.jpg
pump - intake.jpg

Back