49cc vs 66cc vs 80cc

Matt Barrack

Local time
6:35 AM
What differences do they have? (besides the obvious size difference) How can I tell which one I have? I made a video of my bike running (only need to watch the very end) if you can tell by the sound.

Last edited:
Mostly just bore and or stroke differences.

There is no real 80cc motor bike motor being sold today in a 2 stroke configuration..you can find a 79cc 4 stroke however....most 66cc are advertised as 80cc as a marketing strategy.

The largest i know of so far is a 69.4 cc advertised as an 80 for a 2 stroke engine.

You would have to remove the top of the head and measure the bore in millimeters to see what bore it might be.

The larger 66 and 69.4cc motors i believe are both 47mm bore but different strokes 38mm (66cc) vs 40mm (69cc)

Im not sure what the bore and stroke are on 49cc models but if its less than a 47mm bore then its probably a 49cc.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
What differences do they have? (besides the obvious size difference) How can I tell which one I have? I made a video of my bike running (only need to watch the very end) if you can tell by the sound.

You have a generic 66cc engine there and it's very hard to tell witch one it is unless we know the rod markings.love the Timmies bike din't see the cup holder for the large 4x4.

not that there are many 60's left but who knows with ebay sellers but yes a 60cc was 45mm the 66-69cc varients are 47mm.
Oh shoot you're right I was wondering why 60cc looked weird to me but I didn't catch it lol.. Damn there must be something in my bloodstream again screwing up reality..

whats the max speed a 49cc can go if moded out? also why would one prefer a 49cc to a 66cc (other than it making it street legal in CA)?

fat people can't go uphill on a 49 - top speeds are usually about the same on flat ground, tho the newer 70cc (40mm stroke) motors are a bit faster

Back