49cc vs. 80cc

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading posts most folks prefer the 80/66cc motors. Cheaper prices and way more choices on upgrade parts.
I think I'm leaning in that direction. They seem easier to come by in Canada. Thanks for responding. I like to hear every9ones opinion.

The 66cc generics, and 69cc (Grubbee Zeda PK etc) have 47mm bore and are compatible with the very large aftermarket cylinder heads. Fitting one of those will cool your engine enough to allow for any other mods and bolt-on upgrades you choose to add in the future.

The 69cc engines available in the USA and Canada (and I even got a Zeda 80 in UK) also have 40mm wide intake stud spacing which is compatible with the newer bigger reed valves that can be fun and effective.
The old 32mm intake spacing on the 49cc and 66cc engines is only compatible with the little RSE reed valve and its clones, which due to its small size is said to mainly reduce noise and reversion rather than boost torque.

Last edited:
Hello,

This past spring I took out my 49cc engine and put a 80cc on. I am wondering if there is any real difference in power/speed. I did initially note a bit more climbing power, but later that just died down and engine started conking out on very steep inclines.

I was hoping I'd get 30+ mph, but if I go beyond 20mph, engine rattles like crazy and nuts/bolts start falling out. So I can't really go faster.

Someone told me that 49 cc works better, he actually put my old 49cc on his bike and said it works great! He suggested I go back to 49cc.

What are other people's experience with this?

John-Forrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back