49mm steel sleeve carnage!

you might be on to something there... ill keep that in mind. ill have to order a new piston too obviously but, thats actually not a bad idea.
Really don't have much to lose besides another piston lol. Might have a shorter life, might not. As long as you bevel or round out the edges it would probably work ok. You might not gain much out of it, but it would let you at least use the cylinder again. Just a good hone and a set of steel rings instead of the cheap cast iron.

Really don't have much to lose besides another piston lol. Might have a shorter life, might not. As long as you bevel or round out the edges it would probably work ok. You might not gain much out of it, but it would let you at least use the cylinder again. Just a good hone and a set of steel rings instead of the cheap cast iron.
honestly the bore wasnt even affected much at all. just the cracked transfer walls, some little chunks out of the piston and the beat n battered combustion chamber. ill fix that tho. luckily when i bought my first GT6 Pro they sent me two motors.. whoops! gotta love mixups when they work in your favor, lol... plus it gave me spare parts

20230201_071525~2.jpg

What is that from? Looks like the work of a file?

View attachment 186412
What is that from? Looks like the work of a file?
that was me and my little carbide ball in the dremel. if you missed my first post about the nightmare it was to get this thing to run, i had to do some surgury. the transfer roofs were about 4-5mm higher than the actual transfer openings.. thats not exaggerated either. so i cut the tops of the openings to the port roofs. at the time i didnt have a working flex shaft and i dont have the angled handpiece so i may have slipped a little bit.. im sure that wasnt what initiated the self destruct sequence tho. theres a needle missing from the wristpin bearing so im thinking it worked its way out and went kamikaze. that and i noticed some pitting in the transfers that werent there when i put it together so maybe the casting started to come apart also.. idk.. kinda sucks tho. it was running good too. even the injured ride home still ran decent, just had to keep it running cuz if it shut off it might not have started backup again. is what it is tho.

Back