4G 4 Stroke for a Meridian Trike?

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by Barry, May 15, 2012.

1. Barry

Barry Member

Hello out there,
    I just bought a Shwinn Meridian Trike with the intention of mounting an HS 4 stroke on her. Been pulling my hair out all weekend trying to figure out how to mount it, anybody tried this before?
    Tanks
    Barry

<
  2. fleebell

fleebell Member

Two questions. can you weld and do you have a good picture of the back end looking down from above showing both the 3 adjustable speed hub and the rear axles? I might be able to give you some ideas but I need to see what your working with and I can't find a good picture of the back end on line anywhere.

3. Barry

Barry Member

Thanks for the response! What has happened of late was that I got another posting saying how unstable the trike is. I went ahead and finished putting it together, took it for a pedal powered spin and found that this was indeed so unstable as to be dangerous! So, I gave up on the idea and actually sold it today.
    Thanks a bunch though..
    Barry

4. fleebell

fleebell Member

Yea, that type are pretty unstable at anything better than a walking speed. I wish you luck on your next trike..... just stick with the recumbent types. I just finished one for my wife that handles like a gokart and will go around corners at it's full 15mph motor assisted speed.

Lee