4g belt drive transmission getting hot

Local time
8:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the 4g belt drive transmission. I just bought a kit with it and it gets pretty warm after about ten minutes of riding. It doesn't get super hot, just almost too hot to touch on the base of the transmission on the output end. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170302-204129.png
    Screenshot_20170302-204129.png
    586.6 KB · Views: 305
I honestly have no idea for certain why it's like that or if it's bad, just mind the fact that the clutch pads slip during the use of the bike, and after a while the friction heat adds up, I would completely expect heat on that part, and since it's hot but not so hot it can't be touched I'd say you're probably in the clear, every auto clutch on every bike/atv/Snowmobile I've been in contact with got warm on the clutch.

Ever touch a wheel on a car after driving it around town? The wheel is often so hot from braking and road friction you really can't touch it at all less you have thick skin. Same idea, different part.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the 4g belt drive transmission.
I just bought a kit with it and it gets pretty warm after about ten minutes of riding.
It doesn't get super hot, just almost too hot to touch on the base of the transmission on the output end. Is this normal?
Nice kit choice, I use a lot these.
Adjust the belt to be firm, but not super tight, it has dual bearing support for each end, but the belt has teeth to do the work without being super tight.

Everything that attaches directly to the engine will attract and then dissipate heat but you should be fine.

Back