Centrifugal 4G T-belt drive, long term reliable?

Paul E.

Local time
4:11 AM
Hi all, I'm a noob with a freshly purchased bike that has questions re: the stock 4G trans.
After having bought the bike and taken shipment, I've since been spending equal time wrenching and riding I've noticed online and in person how stressed the stock cent. clutch sounds..I give a good kick to get going, but it really hacks and coughs to pull to a more comfortable rpm.

I'm thinking of replacing the rag-joint rear end with a cnc or clamshell, and stepping the ratio down for torque as I don't care to go 30mph. The stock rear is 44t I believe, and the front is 11.

My question is, is there a way to remedy the stock clutch to run smoother, or engage later, perhaps? I know about drilling out equal amounts of clutch shoe material to lighten it up and engage later..OR I've detected tantalizing hints of an upgrade option to replace the cent. itself.

My third option and one I can't afford, is to switch to the EZM which sounds perfect for me. I'm already sold on the drive, I just have a hard time junking the stocker so quickly.

Please advise! thanks, Paul

Back