4g verses 5g transmission

The 5g is bikeberry junk with 2 chains made of unknown material that stretch. It's barely better than the crappy single chain TC. The 4g is much better quality, and belt drive (belts don't stretch). Don't fall for the higher numbers, its a sales tactic. Look at the gasbike/kingsmotorbike garbage quality knockoff of the grubee 4g, they named it the 7g to make it seem better, because of the higher number.

Thanks for the heads up on the transmission info. You have never steered me wrong and I thank you for that CrazyDan

The 5g is bikeberry junk with 2 chains made of unknown material that stretch. It's barely better than the crappy single chain TC. The 4g is much better quality, and belt drive (belts don't stretch). Don't fall for the higher numbers, its a sales tactic. Look at the gasbike/kingsmotorbike garbage quality knockoff of the grubee 4g, they named it the 7g to make it seem better, because of the higher number.
Do chains stretch, or do they wear? Hmmm a modern conundrum!

I've noticed that the 4g single chain transmission isn't as wide as the 5g double chain transmission , which one does the 4g belt drive transmission compare to in size

There is no 4g single chain. All 4g transmissions are made by grubee and all are belt drive. The only transmission better than the 4g is the EZM q-matic drive. Every other drive is riding on the coat tails of the 4g. You are one of the simple folks getting fooled by the number. I tried to help, yet you are still getting fooled. I can't help any further.

I believe it's more like you're one of the simple folks that can't understand the question it doesn't matter if its 4 g or 80 g I want to know if a belt drive transmission is a weider engine then a double chain or single chain transmission if you don't mind you don't have to even answer that thanks anyway crazy Dan

That really depends on which 4G you're talking about, too. The 4G for "5/8" shaft engines is narrower than the one for tapered-shaft engines by a half inch or so, comparing without cover installed. My 5/8" setup measures 9 1/8" wide from engine starter cover to 4G pulley.

Back