4th engine doing great!!

daveet66

Local time
11:43 AM
have not been on here awhile but I said I wanted to do it right on my latest engine cause the first three were s**t! User error I know but my last engine ran great until I tried a long ride it blew almost 5 miles but this latest one I ride it everyday I grease it,clean out the air filter and I do not go full throttle all the time like my previous ones! I never turned a wrench before these engines and I want to thank this forum for finally getting me a reliable bike! Ps I still will not go over a 5 mile ride cause of the past but it’s all good and Damien, Greg and whole a lot of others I appreciate your help like no other

have not been on here awhile but I said I wanted to do it right on my latest engine cause the first three were s**t! User error I know but my last engine ran great until I tried a long ride it blew almost 5 miles but this latest one I ride it everyday I grease it,clean out the air filter and I do not go full throttle all the time like my previous ones! I never turned a wrench before these engines and I want to thank this forum for finally getting me a reliable bike! Ps I still will not go over a 5 mile ride cause of the past but it’s all good and Damien, Greg and whole a lot of others I appreciate your help like no other
That also means for you to NOT be a stranger here either...lol.

Cool! Now take a picture of your bike with a pineapple and some simple attraction in your neighborhood. Then go join the Photo Challenge thread.

Noted that during the break-in on my 48 cc engine, it was so rich that to break it out of it four-stroking I was initially playing with the fuel tap to roughly impede the flow to the carburetor. A lot of these engines come with their mixtures just slobberingly rich as stock and a good early tinkering is to play around with the main jetting, chiefly to get the WOT so it is breaking into a two stroke under a good load. New owners don't always know how to listen to their engines for how they are running. There is also a tendency of these engines, as they break in, to need a little 4 stroking to keep them cool and well lubricated.

The fellow who does the Aging Wheels YT channel built himself a motorized bike and, good grief, his engine was strangling on fuel and would barely run on a level surface. It's funny that he also owns a Trabant and you would think his experience with a 2 cycle car would have helped clue him in on why the bike engine was running like crap.

Back