$5 Home Depot headlight revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tutorial is by Pilotgeek- his work was the inspiration for my rectifier... I simply bought equivelant componants from electronicgoldmine.com and paid a fraction of what Radio Trash wants... you will have to order $10 or more from these people, but if you get LEDs for tail/brake lights (total 6 reds) as well as resistors (#3.50 buys 100) you can meet this number easily- if this goes sticky, I need to re-label one photo where I note the wire for the tail light as 'brake light'.

Yeah, Pilot geek had a great tutorial, just like yours. You guys should collaborate and maybe patent or something. Thank so much for taking the time to make a GOOD tutorial anyone can follow. I am interested in seeing how you wire the tail light. Do you just use another eveready or do you have a different light you use for it?

What did you use for a tail light? Do you think the tail light work if it's over 6 volts? I was thinking of picking up one of those red lights they have in the odds and ends section of Advance Auto Parts.

What did you use for a tail light? Do you think the tail light work if it's over 6 volts? I was thinking of picking up one of those red lights they have in the odds and ends section of Advance Auto Parts.

All ya gotta do is put a 6V led (bulb) in the light case you buy. It's not the fixture thats using the voltage, it's the bulb.
fatdaddy.

power and tail light

sorry I'm late- no internet where I am staying, so I gotta do the photos and truck to a local hippie/organic/ co-op where they leave the wi-fi going 24/7 for guys like me that have no other access- pretty cool, except I'm sitting under rudimentary shelter in the rain

Attachments

• power 1.jpg
    power 1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 693
  • power 2.jpg
    power 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 699
  • power3.jpg
    power3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 769
  • power4.jpg
    power4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 748
There is it for the power supply- housing should be simple to figure

Attachments

• power5.jpg
    power5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Power6.jpg
    Power6.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 649
  • power7.jpg
    power7.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 656
Tail/brake light

Here's ONE way of many I've discovered that won't break the bank or require fancy tools- for some reason, the image with all the explanations of materials did not upload, so I will tell you- 1.5" PVC endcap with a short piece of schedule 40 pipe in that size, NAPA reflectors, adhesive, about @.25" diameter and the yellow carcass of the flashlight that was the doaner for the headlight.

Attachments

• tail 2.jpg
    tail 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 676
  • tail 4.jpg
    tail 4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 698
  • tail 5.jpg
    tail 5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 660
  • tail 6.jpg
    tail 6.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 645
More thereof

Attachments

• tail 8.jpg
    tail 8.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 664
  • tail 9.jpg
    tail 9.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 649
  • tail 10.jpg
    tail 10.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 647
  • tail 11.jpg
    tail 11.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 707
etc.

Attachments

• tail 12.jpg
    tail 12.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 665
  • tail 13.jpg
    tail 13.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 664
  • tail 16.jpg
    tail 16.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 698
  • tail 18.jpg
    tail 18.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 684
more on this later, but this is what I have so far- mind you, the PVC ring is a chink of the 1.5" tubing- it will fit inside the endcap. typically I drill a 1/4 inch hole in the center of the endcap for mounting with a 1/4"x 3/4 long carriage bolt... you want to do that before you put this thing into the cap... you also want to drill a hole for your wires ahead of time as well. Next transmission I will detail the finished product along with mounting apparatice

Attachments

• tail 19.jpg
    tail 19.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 705
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back