50 cc engine, maximum riding hours it can bear?

Ikr I am a confusing person.
I took top end off when I first got motor and ported it..... Well, I broke 2 sets of rings trying to put the top end back on. I had all of the peices of the broken rings except a very small chunk..... Apparently engines don't like that:)

sometimes you can get debris out of the bottom end by putting thick grease generously onto the crank wheels and then turn them.
the debris sticks to the grease so you can see it and remove it when the wheels have been rotated far enough.

It's made that way so the ring ends won't snag on a port edge. Where they touch on the cylinder there are no port openings for the full stroke of the piston. That "track" is between the intake port and the transfer ports. Some engines make the ring ends run between the exhaust port and the transfers.

you dont need silly little bling parts like heat guages.

if it is that lean it overheats, it wont START. if its a stock standard motor, the 50cc...just run it and dont worry about anything, just USE IT. DONT PLAY WITH IT! unless you know what you are doing...

my 50cc would happily suck down a tankful at a run, roughly 120km or so. thats just full throttle, midsummer (40C over here in awstraya, maaaaayt) with no backing off.

i used to carry 2 2L coke bottles of fuel, use 6L on a ride. no tools, no phone, no emergency plan. just jump on and ride.

but, after having ported engines, played with engines, tweaked engines... some would last and be just as reliable. some would grenade in the first 5 minutes. matter of luck, mostly. luckily i never had one die more than 20km from home... strange, now i think about it.

the day anyone can get a stock standard engine to hit 220C is the day i will win the lottery...

i would ONLY run the 50, the "80cc" seemed just too much of a waste of time...pointless, really.

you dont need silly little bling parts like heat guages.

if it is that lean it overheats, it wont START. if its a stock standard motor, the 50cc...just run it and dont worry about anything, just USE IT. DONT PLAY WITH IT! unless you know what you are doing...

my 50cc would happily suck down a tankful at a run, roughly 120km or so. thats just full throttle, midsummer (40C over here in awstraya, maaaaayt) with no backing off.

i used to carry 2 2L coke bottles of fuel, use 6L on a ride. no tools, no phone, no emergency plan. just jump on and ride.

but, after having ported engines, played with engines, tweaked engines... some would last and be just as reliable. some would grenade in the first 5 minutes. matter of luck, mostly. luckily i never had one die more than 20km from home... strange, now i think about it.

the day anyone can get a stock standard engine to hit 220C is the day i will win the lottery...

i would ONLY run the 50, the "80cc" seemed just too much of a waste of time...pointless, really.

That is encouraging ! Though i have minimal tools with me at times to tinker with nuts bolts for adjusments that could hinder the ride.
But, its good to know that these chinese 50cc HT wioo bear long ride.

Lol finally realized after 3 sets of rings that you have to put the rings on a certain way;)

A day back i just unscrewed the plug to see whats the debri/carbon inside, and the piston and all inside was full black ! Hard black oily covering.
Now, GAS:OIL mixture will produce such greasy-carbon , so it stays there inside and does no harm ?

Back