50cc, 20hp, 15psi

I have fault with some stuff from an engineering standpoint... It seems it matters more who does it than anything else... for an example RDM hard clutch pads and hard steel plate... When soft and cast iron since 1931 solved the problem of hard on hard and soft on soft... Hydraulic and cable brakes... But I don't want to invest into trying to sell 90 year old technology advances to anyone who believes new is always better and because it's popular has to be the best... The drug that they have to do to accept backwards technology must be incredible... I wasn't born in the right geographic location to have any street cred so I have to know nothing... I'll try not to share any uncomfortable tech that contradictory to the BS artist and compromise the BS artist game there playing... Because that's more important
I'd rather they tell me if my stuff is garbage and why, than lie because they wanna touch my wiener. lol. I never understood the popular game, I never was, never cared about who was cooler, and who was the nerd. Because quite frankly, I was the nerd, and I knew it.

I always wondered why the pads got harder and harder. I like the clay/rubber pads best, they slip a little for take off, and rather than jerk my sprockets around and wear and break stuff, they slip enough to help longevity of other components much harder and more expensive to change. I know everyone else likes those pads that grip hard and have a wire in them, that wire screws the clutch. Destroys the bearings. I have a bike getting ready to top 4500 miles I think it is, everything looks great!! Stock clutch, 3.5-4hp bike, rides like a mini 5 speed dirt bike, good on gas, and never had any problems yet. On a shifter, that extra little bit of slip really helps to keep bike side parts alive longer. Thin cogs don't last long, it's why I hunt down NOS specialty cogs, which are so rare, I'm never telling anyone what they are. I may have the last 8 of them in the world. lol

The red pads are what I use, when heated up, the grip great, when coming off the line, they slip enough to act similar to a motorcycle clutch.

I'd rather they tell me if my stuff is garbage and why, than lie because they wanna touch my wiener. lol. I never understood the popular game, I never was, never cared about who was cooler, and who was the nerd. Because quite frankly, I was the nerd, and I knew it.

I always wondered why the pads got harder and harder. I like the clay/rubber pads best, they slip a little for take off, and rather than jerk my sprockets around and wear and break stuff, they slip enough to help longevity of other components much harder and more expensive to change. I know everyone else likes those pads that grip hard and have a wire in them, that wire screws the clutch. Destroys the bearings. I have a bike getting ready to top 4500 miles I think it is, everything looks great!! Stock clutch, 3.5-4hp bike, rides like a mini 5 speed dirt bike, good on gas, and never had any problems yet. On a shifter, that extra little bit of slip really helps to keep bike side parts alive longer. Thin cogs don't last long, it's why I hunt down NOS specialty cogs, which are so rare, I'm never telling anyone what they are. I may have the last 8 of them in the world. lol

The red pads are what I use, when heated up, the grip great, when coming off the line, they slip enough to act similar to a motorcycle clutch.
They get softer when heated and the wire composite was a fail 70 years ago to combine the 2 technologys... Composite is cheaper and bonding vs rivits... to save money on woven material is where it all comes from... And power brakes then disc brake to increase pressure to justify the hard on hard long lasting material that saves the giant company money... Koline steel that's been etched in acid is another friction trick in say an automatic transmission to get more grip... Along with friction modifyers in the fluid... Also why new transmission aren't built as heavy duty as the old ones... But hold the same power or more...

They get softer when heated and the wire composite was a fail 70 years ago to combine the 2 technologys... Composite is cheaper and bonding vs rivits... to save money on woven material is where it all comes from... And power brakes then disc brake to increase pressure to justify the hard on hard long lasting material that saves the giant company money... Koline steel that's been etched in acid is another friction trick in say an automatic transmission to get more grip... Along with friction modifyers in the fluid... Also why new transmission aren't built as heavy duty as the old ones... But hold the same power or more...
I will try some of they woven stuff sometime. Looks interesting.

If I remember right about 1/2 inch. I'll get a real measurement in a little while. Heading out here soon to have lunch with my little homie and I'm in to nice of clothing to even enter the shop for a quick check. Lol.
Stock are 7mm and the 5/16 is 8mm... 1/4" is just under 7mm so I'm going to get the 5/16... The brown is the nos most aggressive the new tan is med hi... 2-21/8-4-6" wide... I'm going to flatten the curve out of it by heating it up to 350° between 2 1/2" steel plates in the oven... 2 hours let it cool and do it again... Should flatten it out then cut it into pieces...
Do you think we could get by with 3/8" thick material?

Do you think we could get by with 3/8" thick material?
I don't know how many threads are needed to grab the flower nut... How far the cover can go
9.5 mm.. 2.5mm thicker than stock... Where is Street Riderz?

You guys have to watch the older videos too! I've been following for about 2yr. He has done some pretty amazing stuff, from home-brew casting of cylinders, to nikasil coatings, then he got the CNC machine and started making billet cases, cylinders, rotary exhaust valves etc. He even makes his own reed valves. Really interesting.

He has competed in the Bonneville Salt Flats in the 50cc category, so although some of his techniques are rudimentary, it not only gets the job done, he makes crazy power. He has built his own Eddy Current and Brake Torque dynos from scratch, and even tried putting a small displacement v8 RC engine on a bike lol.

There is a "PIP" series where he (2t Stuffing) is developing "the most powerful 2 stroke" with some interesting ideas. My younger cousin has been a flat track 2 stroke racer since he was in diapers and told me the 180° exhaust port idea wouldn't work (even with trick piston ring locating ideas), and 2t Stuffing now going to a bridged setup.

Back