Engine Trouble 50cc newer engine tuning problem

wan37

Local time
4:56 AM
I've got a 50cc that I can't tune it at all. Okay it starts, choke on or off that depend on how the weather is here. I give a little twist on throttle couple time,it good. Time to ride now I'm pedaling as i'm releasing clutch and giving some throttle just doesn't want go jerking just running bad. Then is finally starts to run better after the 2nd time around block then it start four stroking. So here's what I tried needle in second notch from top. Still runs bad but its the best there. Now i started jetting 62 was the best but still four stroking. I tried 60 jet size even worst. I tried two different Nt's carbs both were new.Both the same results. Now tonight I tried a hp carb still terrible. Any help will be really helpful ? Thanks

I think you need a bigger jet. try a 65- 67. Seems pretty lean to me. At 2200 feet I use a 66-67 in them. All stock, nt crb, 66 or 67 for 50cc is what seems to work here, needle gets moved depending on season.

I think you need a bigger jet. try a 65- 67. Seems pretty lean to me. At 2200 feet I use a 66-67 in them. All stock, nt crb, 66 or 67 for 50cc is what seems to work here, needle gets moved depending on season.
I"ll try that in morning.Thanks

I've got a 50cc that I can't tune it at all. Okay it starts, choke on or off that depend on how the weather is here. I give a little twist on throttle couple time,it good. Time to ride now I'm pedaling as i'm releasing clutch and giving some throttle just doesn't want go jerking just running bad. Then is finally starts to run better after the 2nd time around block then it start four stroking. So here's what I tried needle in second notch from top. Still runs bad but its the best there. Now i started jetting 62 was the best but still four stroking. I tried 60 jet size even worst. I tried two different Nt's carbs both were new.Both the same results. Now tonight I tried a hp carb still terrible. Any help will be really helpful ? Thanks
This sounds odd, a #62 jet should not four stroke and 60 is just oh no, I've setup/run alot of these 48cc engine's and never needed smaller than a #67 jet for them at 500-1150 ft and even at sea level 66 is as low as I would go, something else is amiss re inspect the engine and the setup maybe show us some pic's of the setup and your engine apon inspection so we can try to help.

This sounds odd, a #62 jet should not four stroke and 60 is just oh no, I've setup/run alot of these 48cc engine's and never needed smaller than a #67 jet for them at 500-1150 ft and even at sea level 66 is as low as I would go, something else is amiss re inspect the engine and the setup maybe show us some pic's of the setup and your engine apon inspection so we can try to help.
Here’s some pictures of the outside setup. I’ll jet it up starting at 66 and 2nd notch on needle from top. I’ll see what happens then if that doesn’t fix it. I’ll pull engine apart take some picture and post. Thanks.

Attachments

• 35FA1BE4-9135-453E-BA65-23E8CED0A734.jpeg
    35FA1BE4-9135-453E-BA65-23E8CED0A734.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 169
  • A6D96B48-364F-4B6C-AEB2-1B3B000591CB.jpeg
    A6D96B48-364F-4B6C-AEB2-1B3B000591CB.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 3E767C60-BC84-48AB-A858-7A77B3EACECC.jpeg
    3E767C60-BC84-48AB-A858-7A77B3EACECC.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 151
just doesn't want go jerking just running bad.
Im wondering if its more of a clutch adjustment problem...Reason i say that is looking at the pic of the clutch arm pulled back to an extreme angle when it should be aligned more so with the straight lines of the bike and motor.

This would indicate a flower nut adjustment and realignment of the clutch arm, as well as checking out the clutch pads for excessive wear...Just my 2 cents worth...lol...DAMIEN

Also the upward angle of the fuel line and fuel filter worries me a little as well, as it should all go "downhill" and not be lifted up like that since it is gravity feed not a fuel pump feed to the carbie...DAMIEN

Im wondering if its more of a clutch adjustment problem...
Unless of course you have the clutch disengaged and locked in place when the pics were taken.

I always let the clutch stay in an engaged postition when just parked so as not to always have the clutch springs compressed as well as releasing the tension on the clutch cable as well so to prevent premature stretching.

Also the upward angle of the fuel line and fuel filter worries me a little as well, as it should all go "downhill" and not be lifted up like that since it is gravity feed not a fuel pump feed to the carbie...DAMIEN
The hose is level from petcock just like that to keeping it from laying on the head

Back