50's Rollfast, 5HP Flathead Briggs, & 30series Torque Converter

Here is your white wall drum brake setup, think I should order a rear drum brake wheel, I really dont have the money right now but can get later down the road. Got white walls everywhere!!!

View attachment 175208
When I finally get back to it, I'm going to take this 4 stroke kit I have laying around and build my younger bro a cruiser. He wants legal, easy to use and maintain, an safe for the three boys in the house. Drum brakes are the way to go. He doesn't like to tinker like me. An when I make my 4 stroke, I'm using a 5hp motor I got off a go-kart that the guy didn't want to clean the carb, so he bought the kids a new motor instead. Lol. Got it for free, cleaned the carb and it fired right up first pull.

When I finally get back to it, I'm going to take this 4 stroke kit I have laying around and build my younger bro a cruiser. He wants legal, easy to use and maintain, an safe for the three boys in the house. Drum brakes are the way to go. He doesn't like to tinker like me. An when I make my 4 stroke, I'm using a 5hp motor I got off a go-kart that the guy didn't want to clean the carb, so he bought the kids a new motor instead. Lol. Got it for free, cleaned the carb and it fired right up first pull.
Well I got a crazy idea of jackshafting a 30series torque converter to a China girl engine. Dont know if it will work, but going to give it a go.

Well I got a crazy idea of jackshafting a 30series torque converter to a China girl engine. Dont know if it will work, but going to give it a go.
Better port and all that, will need the power to run the converter. Converters eat up a lot of power. It's why you usually see them on 5hp or more engines.

It will work! I've seen that done in the cart world, a chain comes off the engine to the TAV, the TAV driver is on it's own jackshaft. The TAV was mounted outside the cart with the chain going to the rear wheel.

You can also get rid of the clutch cover on the cg, and modify the clutch shaft to accept a converter and run off that instead of jack shafting to it. With the converter you won't need the cg clutch.

I'll just leave these here, while I go mow!!! For your viewing pleasure!!! Be back in a few!
20220514_164501.jpg
20220514_164856.jpg

Back