50's Rollfast, 5HP Flathead Briggs, & 30series Torque Converter

Might get some roasted nuts there, it's a long ride & the exhaust is close!!!šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
That header wrap that's made from volcano stones is your friend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-221139.png
    Screenshot_20220518-221139.png
    461 KB · Views: 77
Something like this off of anything over the wrapping or you nuts are going to itching from that wrap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-221635.png
    Screenshot_20220518-221635.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 58
I got a couple sets of harley pipes I'll rob the heat shields off of. I was going to use 1 of the harley pipes, but 1ā… I'd pipe is too big for a briggs. You Loose low end, the 1"-1Ā¼" stepped pipe I made is almost too much for this engine. It will be perfect for my built briggs, which I'll post pics of when building.

Well I got to do some tuning 2day, this 21mm dellorto had a horrible fuel transition from idle to mid throttle. I changed everything around in carb, main jet, pilot jet, needle clip setting, couldn't get that horrible transition/sputter out of it. Racked my mind for awhile. Well that got me thinking of what needle it had in it, pulled slide cap & it had a W16 needle in it. Which is horrible for the idle to mid throttle range, changed out to a W9 needle & all good now. It's real snappy now! I also changed 2Ā½pulley out for a 3"pulley, it cruises around at 48mph real nice like. It's got more, but my otherwise stock briggs, dont have enough šŸ’© to pull that super 30 series driver into overdrive. Which the seller/manufacturer mentions that on stock engine you could experience this.

Back