50's Rollfast, 5HP Flathead Briggs, & 30series Torque Converter

I've heard it said to try a different brand belt, because manufactures have slight differences in their belts

I've heard it said to try a different brand belt, because manufactures have slight differences in their belts
Yeah I double checked my belt it's a gates fhp 6866 or 4L660k. I'm going to try a different belt compound, but unsure yet on what to use. I've been reading about the gates XL series belts, they are designed to expand & contract with heat & cold to maintain a constant belt tension.

Brake fluid can be used as a belt dressing and conditioner. It softens the rubber

Used car salesman trick to keep a cracked dry fan belt from squeaking when he's trying to sell a 🍋
They rub all the hoses in it too. Make them look brand new for a short while. It's only temp thoug, to get the sale.

They rub all the hoses in it too. Make them look brand new for a short while. It's only temp thoug, to get the sale.
Another salesman trick, but works & dont hurt nothing. Wash engine, let engine dry, warm engine up, then spray with armor-all. Makes engine bay look new & shiny. Lasts a long time & easier to clean therefore afterwards.

Brake fluid can be used as a belt dressing and conditioner. It softens the rubber

Used car salesman trick to keep a cracked dry fan belt from squeaking when he's trying to sell a 🍋
Another salesman trick, but works & dont hurt nothing. Wash engine, let engine dry, warm engine up, then spray with armor-all. Makes engine bay look new & shiny. Lasts a long time & easier to clean therefore afterwards.
You guys are a bunch of "shysters"...lol.

You guys are a bunch of "shysters"...lol.
Hey I was selling a $500 car, that only had a leaky sun roof, guy wouldn't accept it, and I needed the money. So i took his $300 offer, but swaped back in the bad radiator, old tires and rims, factory stereo, the old headlight assembles that leaked, put the old cracked hoses back on, the old plugs back in it, same with the wires, and a few other odds and ends. I resold all that stuff for over $500. He wanted to be a stickler, so I had to be a shyster. lol. Oh an I kept the spare tire and jack. He called me a week later complaining he was stuck on the side of the road with no spare or jack and two flats. An I said , " well it was a great car at $500, but you wanted a $300 car and was an @$$hole about it, I gave you a $300 car buddy. Maybe next time don't be a jerk and accept a $2000 car for $500. Oh and good luck getting home on a flat. " I laughed an hung up. I needed $500 is only reason I was selling the car, I was young and dumb. Just not that dumb. The guy had money, but didn't want to spend it. I shined it up like a polished turd before I delivered it. Moral of the story, don't be a douche to someone trying to save you a few bucks, you'll pay for it in the end. He drove it home on the flats I guess ( what I heard from someone I knew that knew him). Cost him $2500 to get it all fixed again. It tore up the aluminum rims, shredded the fender wells and a fender, damaged a brake line or two, etc. All he had to do was be happy with a cheap great car, instead he wanted to be a jerk about $200, when I had just put $1000 plus in tires and parts on the car in the last few months and did a tune up to sell it. The guy that knew him laughed his arse off when I told him the whole story about his buddy. He just said he was like that because he had money. An told me he deserved it the way he treats people. I guess he tried to sue me, but whoever threw it out because it was a $300 car. Wtf did he expect for $300 bucks, a Ferrari. lol

Had to fabricated a new ignition key today for the Rollfast. Lol I broke the last one off!!!🤣😂🤣 Made this one out of cocobolo.
20220523_170717.jpg

Back