50's Rollfast, 5HP Flathead Briggs, & 30series Torque Converter

So to put this to bed, heres the belt size chart. My center to center is a smidge over 6.5”. I tried a 203589A. It was a tad
too long. It worked, but engaged later due to the excess length and did not achieve OD because the driver fully closed before the driven reached its highest ratio. So I guess if running the clone the 669 is it. Hope this helps other folks avoid having an odd belt hanging on the wall.

Attachments

• C6E899C3-D39A-4062-9F52-0D32E8671C9B.png
    C6E899C3-D39A-4062-9F52-0D32E8671C9B.png
    481.3 KB · Views: 122
Lol it's soo much fun riding, I havent even put the pedals on yet. Tops out at 52mph by phone gps. But busy with all the yard stuff & working on & off trying to make a buck or two. I got everything to do the pedal & chain setup. Plus I've been dirt fishing alot. Lol havent even built my stroker briggs for it. It's stupid insane with stock flathead minus governor, plus dellorto 21mm phbg carb.

can it punch a wheele from 45?
No pulling a wheelie at 45, but I'm glad I went with a kevlar belt instead of a rubber belt, which I may try. Lol I know with a rubber belt it will wheelie. I'm glad the kevlar belt has some slippage.🤣😂🤣

ive had kevlar belts hook better, atleast in non cvt applications, such as that lawnmower i made, or the putt putt scooter. scuff up the faces on the pully for more grip, polish, or let it run for 40+ hours for less grip.

ive had kevlar belts hook better, atleast in non cvt applications, such as that lawnmower i made, or the putt putt scooter. scuff up the faces on the pully for more grip, polish, or let it run for 40+ hours for less grip.
Yeah I'm aware that the kevlar belts take a bit of time to get broke in. I've also noticed the longer you run a kevlar belt as in riding the bike. The belt gets tacky/grabs better.

Well weather is getting nice & I see everybody is getting ready for riding season. Then as riding weather approaches I see everybody's new builds for this year, & I was like "I wanna build something"!!! Am I asking for a death wish? Heres my thoughts, I got a 50's Rollfast mens cruiser, lots of flathead briggs, including a 20+hp alchohol race kart engine. Then I got a couple Comet 30series torque convertor's, well just to be this combo fits in the Rollfast mens cruiser frame!!! Money is kinda tight but with all the parts I got I believe I can pull this off in nice fashion. I'm thinking like a RatRod bike, no paint, leave the rust, bare welds, no frills get her done bike!!! With the exception of new wheels, (probably motorcycle or moped wheels) then drum or disc brakes, (depends on what I can find for wheels) I need your guys input on this? Am I losing it? (LMFAO MAYBE)!!! Heres a couple pics to burn into your mind. Food for thought!!!View attachment 172347View attachment 172348View attachment 172349
Yep. Thats what its all about. Kinda reminds me of my bike.

Back