50W 6Amp Alternator for Bicycles that WORKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the YAF54 alternator along with a solar regulator quite successfully, along with a tiny 12 volt battery, to power the NuVinci Developers Kit auto trans on my BikeE2/GX35. But you need to rectify the power. I used a cheap Radio Shack bridge circuit. It's rated high enough and has proven to be trouble free over many, many hours of banging and other hard use.

My 12 volt lighting system does run off the motor, and I have not disclosed yet how it was
done. I'm surprised no one so far had come up with the same idea that I did. I may
disclose it but it is an expensive idea.

@Deleted Member 4613, do you have time and/or money in this idea. and want payback? If not, let us in on it. I've tried to help folks avoid some of my stupid mistakes, as it is in the spirit of the forum. Others have too.

My 12 volt lighting system does run off the motor, and I have not disclosed yet how it was
done. I'm surprised no one so far had come up with the same idea that I did. I may
disclose it but it is an expensive idea.

Please describe how your method works with photo evidence to back it up.

Where's the details? Hidden behind a panel?
hsgen.jpg

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Looks like lots of e power available, just based on the assumption that you're keeping up with the demands of all of those lights you have on at night. Darn shame we can't see your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back