53cc HS 10G shifter on a GT2a-150 gas tank frame

For reference this newest custom customer build is based on my Dream Machine customer build.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=927

Except I have full 'creative control' of how I want it ;-}

First off it won't be black, I am sick of black and 'stealth', it's going to be some sort of Red/Black, but I get ahead of myself.

For those that are unaware of the parts the link above will give you some insight.

The newest real Skyhawk gas tank frames I helped design is the GT2A-150 that will take 26" 3" wide tires and has a rear disc brake mount.

The 4-stroke engines are the elusive HS 144F-1G 53cc 4-stroke, the 142F's 49cc big brother.

The transfer case is a modified Skyhawk 4G that has a belt drive reduction of 5:1 using a 100T freewheel output, which I replace with longer output shaft to make it a KCK 10G Long Shaft for direct right side output for a right side geared drive.

This old version base was steel that clamped to the frame.
The newest version is a thick flat aluminum plate welded right to the frame.

NewBase1.jpg

Most of the other parts like the 26x3"wheels, fenders, seat, disc brakes, and handlebars are from a Fito Modena.

NewBase2.jpg

The front forks however will be disc brake ready Suncore shocks, and the rear 7-speed hub replaced with a SA disc ready internal 3-speed.

This build may very well become my new crown jewel build so I thought I would share as it comes along.
Wish me luck ;-}

Hi kc I see you have one of those super cheapo tachometer's on it just have a few questions 1) are they any good 2) do you modify them to make them waterproof? 3) sweet bike by the way

Hi kc I see you have one of those super cheapo tachometer's on it just have a few questions 1) are they any good 2) do you modify them to make them waterproof? 3) sweet bike by the way
I like them just dandy, ~$15 and does the job for about a year before the battery dies.
I don't about water proof, but weather resist like your cell phone.
All I know is they are a cool gauge of whats going on in both 2 and 4-stroke engines for dirt cheap.

Cool I have one on the way I only paid 5.09 € for mine but the seller said it wasn't weatherproof , guess will see when it arrives I don't usually ride in the rain anyway but would like to try prolong it's life is there no way of opening it to seal it up?

Cool I have one on the way I only paid 5.09 € for mine but the seller said it wasn't weatherproof , guess will see when it arrives I don't usually ride in the rain anyway but would like to try prolong it's life is there no way of opening it to seal it up?
None I can see short of breaking it open, and the only thing that could leak are the 2 buttons.
No worries about that here in the desert ;-}

Back