Whizzer speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin

Local time
5:12 AM
How fast do those go? From what I read they're 125cc. That size scooter should top out in the mid 50s.

I've often wondered myself, I'm like you if it's a 125cc it will probably scare you.

Whizzer engines are flat-head 138cc, in stock trim they have a little over 2.5HP and 4.5 lb/ft of torque. They aren't powerhouses for their displacement, having quite low compression for a 4-stroke and an intake restrictor, but they are under-stressed. Easy 40MPH out of the box, with more available with a few mods. They are prone to running hot if beat on, like most other flatheads.

I'd just go for a 4 speed Lifan 125cc then. I beive that's around 7-8 HP. Not so easy to install, since it's not a kit, and doesn't include the parts (Throttle, sprocket, chain, mount)

Whizzer with an over head valve kit can reach speeds of 70 MPH
Whizzer with a few speed mods Cruise at 40 to 45 MPH and top out at 50 to 55 MPH
Stock whizzer 35 MPH to 40 MPH
Pictures of an OHV kit on a Vintage Whizzer

Attachments

• DSCF9369.JPG
    DSCF9369.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF9370.JPG
    DSCF9370.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 461
Whizzer with an over head valve kit can reach speeds of 70 MPH
Whizzer with a few speed mods Cruise at 40 to 45 MPH and top out at 50 to 55 MPH
Stock whizzer 35 MPH to 40 MPH
Pictures of an OHV kit on a Vintage Whizzer
BS ain't nobody riding that 70mph with one drum brake,crappy forks and s**t wheels!I've seen some death trap riders but that's just crazy!

BS ain't nobody riding that 70mph with one drum brake,crappy forks and sh*t wheels!I've seen some death trap riders but that's just crazy!
Not my Death Trap - Just a picture I found on line to show the OHV kit installed on a Whizzer.
Guys put OHV kits on New Gen Whizzers too
Those wheels are 11 or 12 gauge spokes I think their fine.
Who needs Brakes? That Drum Brake looks OK
Talk about Crazy, Back in the 20s the BTR racers had No Brakes and went over 100 MPH
No BS some people ride Death Traps
Picture - 1912 Indian 1,000cc BTR went 95 MPH No Brakes and Crappy forks.
Picture 1913 Indian BTR

Attachments

• DSCF9375.JPG
    DSCF9375.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF9374.JPG
    DSCF9374.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 286
I've got a friend who is CrAzY.
He rides a Death Trap
KTM 65cc Water Cooled 6 speed 2 stroke
He say's he's had it up to 70 MPH
Check out his Crappy Wheels, Crappy Brakes, Crappy Forks and Crappy Frame
This is a prototype build.
He is planning on a new frame, wheels and disc brakes.
Bike is fast. Really takes off

Attachments

• DSCF9284.JPG
    DSCF9284.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
s**t I have no brakes at the moment. .have coaster brake however couldn't adapt my sprocket to fit this wide crank so I have no sprocket attached to pedals to stop... Working on doing something idk what yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back