Sprockets 56-tooth sprocket sized for #41 chain? Can't find one...

Max-M

Local time
6:48 AM
The pulley on the EZM Q-Matic drive's centrifugal clutch specifies and nicely accepts a #41 chain. I have a hub-mounted 56-tooth sprocket on my rear wheel, and that sprocket's teeth are much thinner than those on the clutch. So my #41 chain can move somewhat from side-to-side on the big sprocket. (The two sprockets and the chain are ½-inch pitch.)

Does anybody here know of a source for a 56-tooth, ½" pitch sprocket that's specifically sized for #41 chain? I can't seem to find one. I feel that having the #41 chain running on a properly-sized final sprocket would be preferable to my current thin sprocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pulley on the EZM Q-Matic drive's centrifugal clutch specifies and nicely accepts a #41 chain. I have a hub-mounted 56-tooth sprocket on my rear wheel, and that sprocket's teeth are much thinner than those on the clutch. So my #41 chain can move somewhat from side-to-side on the big sprocket. (The two sprockets and the chain are ½-inch pitch.)

Does anybody here know of a source for a 56-tooth, ½” pitch sprocket that’s specifically sized for #41 chain? I can’t seem to find one. I feel that having the #41 chain running on a properly-sized final sprocket would be preferable to my current thin sprocket.
The Q Matic uses a MaxTorque clutch with a 10 tooth sprocket
sized for 41 chain.

These sprockets are 41 with a 1" center and blank so you would
have to drill the holes and enlarge the center.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/gokart_alumsprkt_41f.cfm

I don't think that it a big problem having a thinner sprocket in the rear.
Quite a few people are doing it on the 4 strokes and on 2 strokes using
41 chain.

Back