5kW hub drive motor! (Washing machine DIY E-bike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you confirm the voltage from the battery first and then send a picture of the controller connections. the battery should be fine if its wrong wiring but i am not sure about that controller.

Ok, so this is somehow not parallel, like 4 people confirmed. Set the thing to 250V DC, and it was around 3/4 way, so it was about 160V (Fully charged is 84v i belive)

Fix it. Look up guides to do parallel connection correctly. I wont explain it as much can be lost in text and there are billions of YouTube videos on this. Do not make updated wiring while battery is connected... Hopefully, there is an over voltage protection on that controller. Email the vendor about what happened before plugging in new connection; might have to replace something inside controller. Double confirm that it is 72V nominal parallel connection again before anything.

Hopefully not an expensive lesson but always check sequential connection points to ensure everything is correct.

I did and I thought its correct and so did others.

I don't know. Maybe it was like a fuse that blew. Hopefully, ill check though.

This is how far i can get it to come out by wedging a screwdriver into it. It smells weirdly nice in there, and theres like a fluffy cotton like white material inside. It does not look fried from the back side.

Can't figure out how to wire in parallel, so yeah. Look at the pic i posted

it's fried that cotton thingy is the inside of a capacitor, or all of them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back