5kW hub drive motor! (Washing machine DIY E-bike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are not comfortable of making the harness you can always buy one. even in europe, lots of places just make it for you. like $6-10. steps to check

1. plug one battery into harness and check output connector for right voltage
2. plug other battery into harness and check output connector for right voltage
3. plug into controller hopefully controller is fine

Hopefully... yeah.. It's ruined atm. The seller is trying to help me. He may replace it, fix it, or guide me to fix it. I can't really solder, but I'd rather do it myself because of time.

I am fine with working with electric things, since I love electricity. And this was a stupid mistake not to check voltage. I took the electrican guy's word on it that it's parallel. But it's clearly not. The positive is connected to the negative...

Do you know the name of that connector? I want to buy a couple of both. Or, even better, the name of the connector on the controller?

FOUND IT!!

I

Are those the only 3 damaged components?
The 1 exploded capacitor and the 2 black ones?

HELLO! The seller replaced the controller. Now I get an Error 30H when it starts. I checked all the connections, had everything connected, nothing loose. I unconnected everything other than the display, and connected things back one by one. Still Error 30H all the way. I checked the display cable 4 times now. It's not loose. I tried moving it around, and trying to hold the cables together. Pins not bent. I checked the cables. The order of wires on the controller are: Yellow, Green, Black, Orange, Red. But on the display the wires are Yellow, Green, Black, Blue, Red. Could this cause problems? The display shows voltage, and works nicely. Just error 30H and a blue engine icon over it... Motor ain't turning either. Very mad with it. There are 2 hall sensor connectors, not sure why. I connected both and tried with each. One has completely different colours. Like purple and such.

HELLO! The seller replaced the controller. Now I get an Error 30H when it starts. I checked all the connections, had everything connected, nothing loose. I unconnected everything other than the display, and connected things back one by one. Still Error 30H all the way. I checked the display cable 4 times now. It's not loose. I tried moving it around, and trying to hold the cables together. Pins not bent. I checked the cables. The order of wires on the controller are: Yellow, Green, Black, Orange, Red. But on the display the wires are Yellow, Green, Black, Blue, Red. Could this cause problems? The display shows voltage, and works nicely. Just error 30H and a blue engine icon over it... Motor ain't turning either. Very mad with it. There are 2 hall sensor connectors, not sure why. I connected both and tried with each. One has completely different colours. Like purple and such.
Operator error most likely. You may have to run a diagnostics program first. Research and figure it out.

You should not have touched the 2nd set of hall sensors which were sealed at the plug. They are a backup built in in case the first set goes bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh. I did a TON of research. I'm getting seller help, kinda.... well very slowly. I can't really find much other than it's a communication error. Should be something between the controller and the display according to many ppl, including the seller. I'm very mad, i spent 2000$+ on this setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back