6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer

I didn't say that what the police did was right. Nor did I say they conducted themselves properly. All I'm saying is that "Yes sir, No sir" works quite well. And since a bike with a motor on a trailer is still motorized, I'd say that the police COULD use the law to their advantage. I don't think the whole story is being told here.

Being it was a false and unlawful arrest, I'm doing my best to get this bogus charge dropped. The arrest isn't even what makes me angry, it's the fact that another officer threatened to taser me for talking as a show of his so-called power.

Remember I was already handcuffed and in the police car when I was threatened with a TASER! ILLEGAL!+++

Also, I just gained speed, so I doubt I was doing 40, but maybe near 30-35. But like I said, I AM NOT BEING CHARGED with driving the bicycle, but for "Resisting an officer without Violence" for asking those 2 lawful questions. I have the right to ask questions, and also I WAS NEVER READ MIRANDA RIGHTS, all I heard while I was being man-handled is him calling for backup. When I mentioned I was NOT read my RIGHTS, the arresting officer tells me to "calm down" in his attempt to silence me because I knew that was a false and illegal arrest.

Also it was July 4th, and the cops were out that night looking for DUI's and etc and found me instead. You should have seen all the people being arrested that night, it was crazy! Not enough room in the holding cells! They were out harvesting anyone they could and were looking for ANYTHING to get you for.

And I did another 60 miles today, I'm not letting the authorities hold me down and limit my life with trumped-up charges. This bike is MORE FUN THAN A CAR and gets approx 100MPG, and I should not be FORCED by anyone to pay high dollars for gasoline. If I can pay 2-3 dollars to fill up it's an advantage by far over a car, I will continue to ride.

I will NOT be grounded.
I will not be limited in my abilities.
I WILL NOT BE CONTROLLED
I WILL RIDE LIKE AN ZNSANE MF!

I knew this was going to happen to you. lucky you got busted by the cops rather than your handtruck break off and hit a pregnant woman.

Your responses are rediculous! Hit a pregnant woman??? What a crock of **** ****. I'm more likely to hit a dog or squirrel than a person on the road, being nobody really walks much on the road.

Oh, and your age is 3 or 4 times your posted age right, gimme a ****** break! Enough with the BS already!

And you are an engineer, but you had to BUY your motorized bike KIT right??? ROFL!!!! Well I "engineered" my trailer and designed a stronger hitch.

Are you so stuck on that you think my handtruck will break that you have to try to push this opinion of yours??? I modified the hitch, is now being held much better, and the clutch, belt, pulleys and wheels are taking a beating MUCH more than the hitch by FAR.

I was arrested because he thought he had probable cause for theft, then it ended up being a trailer, so he had NO PC to arrest me. THATS WHY I AM NOT CHARGED FOR THE BIKE/TRAILER!

Either contribute something useful or post in another thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture of new hitch that works great and doesn't hit pregnant women!

Also 2 pics of the last car that fell apart when the front suspension broke at only 25mph and could have been VERY DANGEROUS to me or anyone that could have been walking on the road that day, and THE REASON WHY I GOT A MOTORIZED BIKE!!! BTW those axle pieces were found almost 50ft away, I just moved them near the car for the picture. When the CV axle ripped out, it also broke a seal, and it was leaking trans fluid badly.

I scrapped this car to pay for my MB.

Attachments

• newhitch.JPG
    newhitch.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 513
  • crapcar1.JPG
    crapcar1.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 495
  • crapcar2.JPG
    crapcar2.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
i was wondering if your state code is posted on the net? i am lucky in that the tennessee code is posted, so you don't have to guess, at least not as much. i'm only saying this, because when & if you go before a judge,as pertaining to the crime, if the law don't fit, he must dismiss, but one thing is for sure, if they don't charge you, you can't be tried, for violation of the code. in tennessee if it is over 50 cc's we have to register & tag, but if under you don't. it also says 2 or 3 wheels is a bicycle, they may say you have 4 wheels , therefore not a bicycle. just know what you are up against, so you don't let em catch you with your pants down. don't be suprised if they add a charge, the law leaves a lot of open area, more & more of it being in the state's favor. ps, i think your rig is cool, keep on pushing!

I won't argue with you kid. I think if this story is true you were being belligerent and a complete *******. I doubt that you are telling us the whole truth. As far as an engineer buying a kit. i guess it could happen not many engineers build thier own cars or thier own airplanes.

This brush with the law is the universes warning to you to stop riding that monster
it will get you are somebody else killed. i know your just a kid but I am only an old geezer who has already had a lifetime of experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree that he should stop... I get the feeling that this guy lives out in the country, surrounded by miles and miles of nobody. Riding this contraption would be safe in those situations.

Well, sorta safe. I still think this qualifies as disorderly conduct. But the good kind.

and yes, this isn't exactly legal... but so what? Neither is driving 60 in a 55 but we all do that.

MY FRIEND WITH THE BIG MOTOR, please do your best to settle down when you go to court. You're right, they're prosecuting you for the wrong offense, but they could easily prosecute you for the right offense (unlicensed, homemade motorcycle) and they could give you a disorderly to boot, just for fun, if they don't like you. It's your word against a policeman's, a person who is hired just for the purpose of giving fines to roughnecks and weirdoes like you and me.

Before seeing the judge, get a good haircut, cut off any facial hair (it grows back easier than a $500 fine). Get a light colored shirt with a collar... something you'd see on a golf course or in the office. If you look like a nerd, you're doing it right. Cover up tats if you got 'em. This isn't about what's right, it's about what will win it for you.

Explain it to the nice man or woman the way you've explained it to us (this is trying to save gas, using the tools you have, gets 100 mpg, you didn't think it was under any jurisdiction or breaking any rules, and you only turn on the motor when you're in the middle of nowhere, with no one around) Don't talk about how wrong it was to be arrested, how you were mistreated and not read your rights and abused and treated like ****, these people just don't care. This will all ride on you having a pleasant personality (or faking it, dude!)

If you can bring some pictures/drawings and get them excited about your contraption, the way we're excited, that could help you.

Remember, we can't read about your fun experiments with dollies and huge motors if you are in jail or if you are broke from paying huge fines. That would make all of us really sad, because deep inside we are all dreaming of riding your homemade contraption.

I am building a trailer with a powerful motor (the details of which will revealed here in time) one day I couldnt wait to mount but I had not yet come up with a proper mounting system and decided to rig it just to test the power.

AWESOME!!! Please keep us updated on your bicycle trailer and post some pics!!!!! :D "Let The Solution Be The Revolution"

Yes, after some experience, I can say that the mounting to the bike HAS to be solid, but really the most stress and parts that will break have to do with the drivetrain, especially with a powerful motor. After using belt drive, I recommend a chain, but the belt does fine. Also I already ordered a new clutch bushing, because mine has already worn out on my new clutch, but it still drives fine.

Just to warn you, build the drivetrain TOUGH!!! Good luck on your bike trailer, I'm VERY, VERY, VERY anxious to see your design!!! We'll get this trend started towards the revolution of saving gas in these hard times!!!!

"Let The Solution Be The Revolution"

and yes, this isn't exactly legal... but so what? Neither is driving 60 in a 55 but we all do that.

MY FRIEND WITH THE BIG MOTOR, please do your best to settle down when you go to court. You're right, they're prosecuting you for the wrong offense, but they could easily prosecute you for the right offense (unlicensed, homemade motorcycle) and they could give you a disorderly to boot, just for fun, if they don't like you. It's your word against a policeman's, a person who is hired just for the purpose of giving fines to roughnecks and weirdoes like you and me.

Before seeing the judge, get a good haircut, cut off any facial hair (it grows back easier than a $500 fine). Get a light colored shirt with a collar... something you'd see on a golf course or in the office. If you look like a nerd, you're doing it right. Cover up tats if you got 'em. This isn't about what's right, it's about what will win it for you.

Explain it to the nice man or woman the way you've explained it to us (this is trying to save gas, using the tools you have, gets 100 mpg, you didn't think it was under any jurisdiction or breaking any rules, and you only turn on the motor when you're in the middle of nowhere, with no one around) Don't talk about how wrong it was to be arrested, how you were mistreated and not read your rights and abused and treated like ****, these people just don't care. This will all ride on you having a pleasant personality (or faking it, dude!)

If you can bring some pictures/drawings and get them excited about your contraption, the way we're excited, that could help you.

Remember, we can't read about your fun experiments with dollies and huge motors if you are in jail or if you are broke from paying huge fines. That would make all of us really sad, because deep inside we are all dreaming of riding your homemade contraption.

Thank you very much my friend for your kind and helpful words. I will for sure keep this in mind! And I do live in the country, several miles from the city limits, and wanted a cheaper way to travel.

Back