6.5hp push trailer....version 1.0

Gen3Benz

Local time
12:52 AM
Almost finished with my push trailer...just needs some paint.
Of course it had to rain so i'll have to wire wheel some rust off.
Props go to bikeman6969 and macarollo for answering questions and posting pics.

I made a pivot hitch that resembles a universal swivel socket....with a center piece and 2 pins for up/down and left/right
Mounted the tubing at an angle to counter the seat mounting angle.
DSCN5377.jpg

Made a push bar from 1.5" .095 square tube...put some gussets where the tube join and at the base.
DSCN5381.jpg

DSCN5378.jpg

Basically just a copy of bikeman's trailer made from angle iron, 3/16 plate and a jackshaft config.
DSCN5380.jpg

12t clutch to 13t....16t to 40t
2.7:1 ratio...I was gonna use a 48t rear but I ordered a sprocket for 41 chain by accident.
I will likely change out the 2nd sprocket for a 16t to give me 3.3:1
It pushes my 200lb self around just fine right now though

Lemme know what ya think :D

awesome setup!

Did you remove the Rev limiter?

With a 2.7:1 ratio I think you can hit 55mph.... if the rev limiter is removed!

If that was my setup I would shorten the jackshaft so it is not sticking out off the sides.... not a huge deal, but it would look better if it was flush with the bearings.

As Mountainman would say.... RIDE THAT THING!

Also, does your gas tank lip ever touch the post? I had that problem with my new setup... when I would hit a bump it would smash against the post.... I think yours has enough clearance.

I had to make brackets and move the gas tank back a few inches so it would not hit.

Also, does your gas tank lip ever touch the post? I had that problem with my new setup... when I would hit a bump it would smash against the post.... I think yours has enough clearance.
No bar to tank interference...pretty stout bar....I think I could lift a car with it :D

Yes, I did remove the rev limiter.

Going to cut off the rest of the jackshaft when I remove stuff for paint.

Got it up to 44.8 on my gps....way too fast for this bike
Gonna change the #1 jackshaft gear to a 16t or 18t...dont need that much speed.

Last edited:
I also like your built in pivot.... I wish mine had that.

Do you have a remote kill switch? What did you use for your throttle setup?

Is that an air tire?

I also like your built in pivot.... I wish mine had that.

Do you have a remote kill switch? What did you use for your throttle setup?

Is that an air tire?
Dont have a kill switch wired yet.....will do that later.

I used an old lever shifter from an old junk bike and mounted it upside down so it looks like a thumb throttle.
It works ok....gonna use a brake lever eventually.

Tire is a tricam no flat....today it destroyed itself.
I must have be rough on it because it started losing chunks and eventually chunked itself to death.

Excellent job on the push trailer!!! I love the metal work and that nice square tubing used on the hitch! It seems folks like you are having good luck with these newer model Lifan engines, as I see.

Wow, if you tore up that tire already, then you may have been a bit heavy on the throttle, LOL. That's awesome!

My 6.5HP trailer spins a 13 inch rubber Pocketbike tire (3.2 ratio) if I get on it too hard, and I lube my clutch for smoother takeoffs to reduce my tirespin. I find if you go real easy on the throttle, and let it creep up to speed, things last longer. However, these 6.5's are raw untamed power, so count on it to beat up your tire, hehe.

Can't wait to see more! Keep us posted! I love to see the work and creativity put in your trailer! As you see, they are a lot of fun, and very useful, as several of us have them, and continue to enjoy them.

Crazy Riding,
ZnsaneRyder :giggle:

Did you accelerate from a stop? I usually pedal first... too much stress on drivetrain/tire otherwise.

OR you have a cheap tire.

Excellent job on the push trailer!!! I love the metal work and that nice square tubing used on the hitch! It seems folks like you are having good luck with these newer model Lifan engines, as I see.
Thanks, i'll keep updating.
I will do a search for the pocketbike tires.

Did you accelerate from a stop? I usually pedal first... too much stress on drivetrain/tire otherwise.

OR you have a cheap tire.
Oh yeah...I never pedaled....actually I got on it a little hard from a stop.

I was think about going with a rubber tire filled with foam.
Or maybe a concrete roller like the flintstones use:giggle:

An excellent job mechanically,but inherently quite dangerous, as all the other highpowered pushers.Small radius tuns could be a problem due to long 'wheel base'.

Back