600 watt Fat tire chopper build.

graucho

Local time
8:24 PM
Hi my bicycle friends. I've been lurking in the wings for a year. Been busy teaching the youngsters in my area how to build bikes.
I've been asked to post this build, so... this ride... it's finally done. I have about 30 miles with no problems. Because of
the weight I only get 10.5 miles @ 15 mph out of the batteries. This is OK since 10 miles through the neighborhoods
is plenty. My hind end also confirms this.
This was a confusing but exciting project. Lots of angles, full suspension, electric, wiring and cables through the tubes,
special chain clearances, jackshaft alignments, beefed up front springer modifications specialized painting etc etc.

I had 35 photo's to post so I decided to make a video. I posted 6 photo's for a taste. The video includes all 35 photo's,
plus action with it rolling up and down the block. Now that the build is done I'll be collecting my information about the
paint job and reporting at a later date. I've enjoyed reading your thousands of posts and following all of your builds.
It's amazing the level of expertise everyone has developed in such a short while. I appreciate all of your knowledge. graucho

VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owl8Je2uN8o

33rearprofile.jpg

Horse gussets
21horsehead.jpg

Dual rear suspension.
07shocks.jpg

Teardrop mirror / cabling through the frame.
27mirror.jpg

Custom SS rim
12rearwheel.jpg

Disk brake, custom license plate, custom aluminum axle caps.
13brake.jpg

More photos and ride sample on the video above.

Absolutely gorgeous. Hard to imagine all the time, work, and thought that went into building that. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to put a big wide cruiser seat on it. No way would I be able to ride that 10 miles with that tiny little seat. Jerry.

Back